Combine Your Passion for Healthcare and Leadership with an MS in Healthcare Administration – Strategic Management Degree
Are you passionate about helping companies set objectives and develop strategies for long-term growth? Are you looking to launch or further your career in healthcare administration? If so, Liberty University’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MHA) – Strategic Management degree may be right for you!
This program provides advanced training in topics like informatics, business administration, healthcare economics, and epidemiology. With the strategic management specialization, you can explore key concepts in organizational design and workforce planning, allowing you to diversify your skill set and prepare to take on leadership positions in the field of healthcare administration.
Our goal is to help you develop the management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills needed to make a difference in the world of healthcare. Medical organizations and businesses in the healthcare sector rely on leaders who know how to equip teams of professionals to achieve new heights. At Liberty, you’ll receive essential training in healthcare management strategies so you can learn how to help your organization grow and thrive.
Why is strategic management important in healthcare?
When you think about the medical industry, what comes to mind? Doctors and nurses are perhaps most commonly associated with the field of healthcare since they work directly with patients. However, there are also many healthcare professionals who work behind the scenes to carry out administrative tasks, such as balancing budgets, communicating with shareholders, and overseeing staff members.
If you want to pursue roles in healthcare administration, it’s vital that you understand strategic management so that you can help your organization 1) set important goals and 2) develop practical plans to achieve those goals. Whether you work in a hospital, nursing home, or healthcare-related company, knowing how to develop effective strategies for growth can help you become a vital business asset.
By gaining a firm grasp of the strategic planning process, you can help your organization manage its resources wisely, respond to new challenges, and provide the best care possible to its patients.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Strategic Management Online?
Liberty University is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, so we’ve created an online curriculum that will challenge you to grow while providing advanced training in essential skills and knowledge. As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985, we seek to offer programs that blend flexibility, affordability, and accessibility.
At Liberty, you’ll study under professors who have years of real-world experience in healthcare administration and management. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, our faculty can help you hone your expertise and prepare for exciting job opportunities. Our professors are knowledgeable in their field, committed to your success, and excited to partner with you as you take this next step in your academic journey.
Balancing school with your other priorities may seem challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Our master’s in health care and strategic management is offered 100% online, so you can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home. And, if you decide to further your education down the road, this master’s degree in strategic management serves as an excellent stepping stone toward Liberty University’s healthcare management DBA program.
As a Christian university, Liberty offers courses that are taught from a biblical perspective. Through this program, you can become equipped to make decisions that align with biblical principles and industry best practices. That way, you can lead in your field with integrity and help your organization thrive!
How much can you make with a master’s in strategic management for healthcare degree?
After earning this degree, you may want to pursue a career as a health services manager. Your salary will depend on a number of factors, such as where you live and how much experience you have. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median salary for medical and health services managers in 2020 was $104,280. This field is projected to grow 32% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Medical and Health Services Managers (viewed online July 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Strategic Management for Healthcare?
The core courses in this program cover a wide array of topics, including financial analysis, decision-making, organizational behavior, legal and ethical issues, and management of human capital — all within the context of healthcare administration. While many of these topics are also covered in other business programs, our MHA degree provides the unique opportunity for you to explore how business concepts and strategies can be applied specifically to the field of healthcare.
If you are seeking a career as a medical office manager or hospital administrator, our strategic management area of study provides specialized training in workforce planning, executive leadership, and organizational design. You can learn how to foster productivity in the workplace, create a positive work environment for staff, evaluate organizational workforce needs, and utilize effective management strategies.
Are you ready to strengthen your effectiveness as a healthcare professional? If so, partner with us. We’ll help you gain specialized knowledge in strategic planning, business management techniques, and finance models so you can lead your organization to success.
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 629 – Economic Analysis in Healthcare
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
- MGMT 501 – Executive Leadership and Management
Highlights of Liberty University’s Master’s in Healthcare Administration – Strategic Management Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in strategic management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in healthcare administration degree programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Liberty University’s MHA program can be completed in under 2 years.
- As an online student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while pursuing your MS in strategic management.
- With our 100% online courses, you can earn your degree without putting your life on hold!
- Liberty seeks to train up qualified professionals who can lead with skill and integrity.
MS in Healthcare Administration – Strategic Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s in strategic management for healthcare.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master’s in Strategic Management Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Healthcare Administration Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Strategic Management for Healthcare?
- Community health worker
- General and operational manager
- Healthcare administrator
- Medical and health services manager