Boost Your Healthcare Facility’s Reputation with a Public Relations and Healthcare Administration Degree
Combining your passion for leadership, communications, and health care into a degree program may be easier than you think! Liberty’s online M.S. in Healthcare Administration (MHA) – Public Relations degree will help equip you to work as a health services manager or administrator. In this program, you’ll learn how to develop public relations (PR) strategies for hospitals, healthcare organizations, and businesses in the medical sector.
Health managers handle the business, financial, and administrative aspects of hospitals and healthcare systems. Rather than interacting directly with patients, they focus on creating policies and long-term plans that allow health organizations to provide quality medical care. If you want to pursue a career in this exciting field, our Master of Science in Healthcare Administration – Public Relations program can help!
With a health management degree, you could pursue leadership positions in the corporate, private, and nonprofit healthcare sectors. And, by exploring best methods in public relations, you can help your healthcare company communicate with external clients, members of the community, and the media.
Earn your healthcare management degree today — and prepare to pursue public relations jobs in the medical field.
What does “PR” mean in a medical context?
Medical PR professionals seek to shape public perception of their healthcare facility. They work for all types of health organizations, including:
- Consulting firms
- Government agencies
- Health insurance providers
- Home health agencies
- Medical equipment manufacturers
- Nursing homes
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Public health departments
- Research facilities
As a PR specialist in the medical field, your job is to cultivate a positive reputation for your organization and defend that reputation during a crisis. You may lead social media campaigns, create press releases, communicate with reporters, or write speeches, among other responsibilities.
In doing so, you can help your health agency build credibility with key stakeholders and the public, keep people informed about new healthcare developments, and reach target audiences using unpaid or earned media.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Health Administration – Public Relations Program?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. At Liberty, you won’t just earn a degree — you’ll be equipped to impact the world and make a difference in the lives of those around you.
Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need! Our healthcare administration degree program is available 100% online, and the courses have no set login times. You can complete your coursework from anywhere in the world, without needing to relocate to attend classes on campus. The best part? You can stay invested in your family and career while achieving your academic goals!
At Liberty, you’ll learn from the best. Our MHA professors have years of experience working in public relations and health management. By studying under industry professionals, you can gain marketable skills and insider tips that will help set you apart from the competition. Our faculty are invested in your success and firmly rooted in the Christian faith.
Whether you’re looking to switch career paths, advance in your current field, or prepare for a doctoral program, Liberty can help. Our School of Business seeks to develop qualified candidates who can lead with confidence and integrity. Partner with us and learn how to live out biblical principles in your career.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why get a master’s in healthcare administration and public relations?
Do you want to gain core skills in business, communication, health, and management? If so, our healthcare PR degree is a great option.
In this program, you’ll receive targeted training in healthcare leadership. You won’t just gain general business knowledge — you’ll learn how to tackle the unique challenges that arise in the healthcare sector.
Health services administrators often need to communicate with external stakeholders and the public. Through our public relations cognate, you’ll learn how to cultivate a positive public image for your health organization, thus boosting its credibility and number of clients.
Check out our “Careers” section below for potential master’s in healthcare administration job opportunities — and see where your degree can take you.
How much do healthcare administrators make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for medical and health services managers is $100,980 per year. This field is projected to grow 32% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.*
And, by earning a master’s degree, you can potentially earn an even higher healthcare management salary — one that’s approximately 20% higher than professionals who only have a bachelor’s degree!**
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Medical and Health Services Managers (viewed online November 9, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online November 9, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Should I pursue an MBA or an MHA in Public Relations?
When choosing a business master’s degree, you’ll want to consider your long-term goals.
Do you want to develop foundational business skills that are applicable to many industries? If so, consider earning an MBA in Public Relations. Or, if you want to work specifically in healthcare management, our MHA in Public Relations may be right for you.
Both degrees will help you gain vital leadership and communication skills — but our MHA program provides the specialized training you need to navigate the unique challenges of the healthcare industry.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Relations and Health Administration Degree Online?
Effective communication is crucial in the healthcare industry. Employees need to be kept up-to-date on company policies and other important information, just as external sources need to be notified of various changes in healthcare services. In our healthcare PR program, you can develop the skills needed to communicate with internal and external audiences.
Liberty’s MHA courses cover a variety of relevant subjects, including healthcare informatics, legal issues, financial analysis, strategic marketing, and operations management. You’ll also learn how to manage human capital, meet community health needs, and foster an ethical medical environment.
The capstone course provides an opportunity for you to synthesize your knowledge and apply it to real-world problems. That way, you can gain hands-on experience and collaborate with other students to tackle healthcare challenges.
Within the PR cognate, you’ll learn how to promote conflict resolution and communication in organizational, interpersonal, and group settings. You’ll also learn how to apply media technologies to communication campaigns and keep up with current digital trends. With this knowledge, you can develop communication strategies that target diverse audiences.
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
Highlights of Our MHA Degree in Public Relations
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your master’s in health administration online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- Our healthcare administration master’s program is offered in a 100% online, 8-week course format.
- Earn your healthcare and public relations degree in under 2 years!
- If you’re a parent or working professional, we offer the flexibility you need to further your education — without putting your life on hold.
- With a master’s in healthcare administration, your salary and earning potential could increase significantly.
Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration and Public Relations Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our public relations and health administration master’s program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Master’s in Healthcare Management – Public Relations
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Public Relations and Healthcare Management – Job Opportunities
Our PR and healthcare administration degree online can help you pursue a variety of health administration jobs. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Account executive
- Community relations director
- Director of communications
- Fundraising manager
- Healthcare administrator
- Health services manager
- Management consultant
- Media coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Public relations specialist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online MHA Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.