Take the Lead with a Master’s in Executive Leadership Degree Online
Leadership is changing across the globe. Issues like technology, digitalization, and globalization have revolutionized the business world. As this landscape continues to evolve, the business world needs to change along with it.
Now more than ever, industries need leaders who are visionaries — leaders who embrace change and inspire those around them. Become this leader by earning Liberty University’s executive leadership degree.
What is a master’s degree in leadership?
Executives today say that soft skills like communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to promote organizational change are the keys to success in a leadership position. But MBA degrees usually focus on the hard skills needed for business positions. That is why we designed our online master’s in leadership to emphasize the critical soft skills valued by executives.
You will still be trained in areas like financial analysis, technology, and corporate law. But our executive leadership program online will also fill in the gaps to give you the leadership skills other programs missed. With this focus, you will be ready for any leadership position you take on.
What skills does an executive leader need?
Today’s top executives need to have several core characteristics to succeed in today’s environment. Businesses need leaders who:
- Recognize the need for change and can create and implement new processes.
- Are strong communicators who can effectively share their vision with both their team members and with the public.
- Work well with others.
- Value ethics and are looking out for the team and the business — not just themselves.
Ultimately, today’s leaders need to be visionaries — they must be able to imagine possibilities, inspire others with this vision, and commit it to action.
What can I do with a leadership and management degree?
The skills you develop in an executive leadership degree will prepare you for a leadership position in any industry or company. No matter the type of business, you will always need strong communication, interpersonal skills, an innovative mindset, and a basic understanding of finance and technology. You can readily apply what you learn in our online master’s in leadership to management, executive positions, or starting your own business.
No matter what industry you work in, if you are currently working or are moving into a leadership position, our master’s in leadership online is the degree for you. Our degree can also equip full-time students for future leadership careers. If you expect to hold a leadership position at some point, our master’s in executive leadership will provide you with what you need to succeed.
What about an increased earning potential?
Beyond sharpening the skills you need for leading others in your career, a master’s degree could also increase your earning potential.
How does a master’s degree affect salary? Across the board, those with a master’s degree generally have higher starting salaries than those with a bachelor’s. This is especially true in more technical fields like engineering and business. A master’s degree in leadership could propel you forward in your business career and help raise your income.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Executive Leadership Online Degree?
At Liberty University, our goal with this program is to meet your needs as a student with a diverse professional and personal life. You need a degree that can be customized to your lifestyle. So start implementing strategic leadership into your work with our program, and take a look at some of the benefits of choosing Liberty.
An Alternative to an MBA
Unlike our online MBA degree, our master’s degree in leadership does not require a business-related bachelor’s degree for admission. If you find yourself unexpectedly in a business leadership role, our master’s in executive leadership will be a convenient path to transition from an unrelated bachelor’s degree.
You may be looking to develop foundational business knowledge and equip yourself with character traits essential for leadership without committing to an MBA. Our program will help you fill in the gaps in your business education without forcing you to take courses that don’t align with your path.
Instead, your coursework in our master’s in leadership online will focus on developing core leadership competencies and understanding the psychology of the workplace. You will be able to focus on the skills that really interest you, and that will propel you forward in your career.
In the online leadership master’s degree, you will be taught by professors with backgrounds in business and leadership settings. Your professors will go beyond the books and share their experiences with you. With this real-world training, you will stand out in the job market and become ready to take ownership and lead in your own corporation.
Tailor Your Degree
Our coursework covers a broad range of topics you will need to understand in any leadership position. You will study technical knowledge of accounting and legal issues. You will also develop critical soft skills like professionalism and conflict resolution.
Our executive leadership courses will allow you to customize your degree to your unique career goals and interests. Learn the ropes of nonprofit management, strengthen your teamwork and conflict resolution skills, or prepare to start your own business by studying entrepreneurship. By honing in on leadership skills for specific contexts, you will become the leader you need to be for the career path you choose.
Our master’s degree in leadership is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, family, and community without taking courses on campus. And it is only 30 credits, meaning you can complete the program in a year. Our master’s in leadership online is the perfect way for you to enhance your qualifications while maintaining your busy lifestyle and career.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s Degree in Leadership Online?
Our online master’s in leadership offers a broad selection of executive leadership skills training with an opportunity to customize the program for specific industry needs. The core content of our online master’s in executive leadership focuses on business management theory and organizational behavior for insights into the psychology of business relationships and teamwork.
Your courses can help you gain the practical business skill set you might not have if you didn’t take business classes at the bachelor’s level. For example, courses like Accounting for Non-Financial Managers can help you become more marketable for various finance roles. Throughout your courses, you will strengthen your critical problem-solving abilities through assignments and scenarios based on real-world business challenges.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn throughout your master’s in leadership:
- Principles of organizational behavior for managers
- The effects of personality and values on leadership and work style
- Historical and current management practices
- How to drive change in an organization and solve complex issues
- The fundamentals of accounting and financial analysis
- How to handle ethical issues and dilemmas faced by leaders from a Christian worldview
- Cross-cultural management and leadership
Highlights of the Master’s in Executive Leadership Online Degree
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
- Students will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal while pursuing their master’s in executive leadership.
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online leadership master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- This program can help you transition from an unrelated bachelor’s degree to graduate studies in business leadership and management — with no prerequisites required so you can achieve your goals faster!
- Students with a military background will find the master’s in executive leadership to be an effective extension of their military training as they transition to the civilian business market or work in government roles.
- Learn business best practices in higher-order management strategies, leadership theories, and leadership analysis that will help you meet management challenges in any industry.
- You can complete our online master’s in leadership in just 1 year!
Master’s in Executive Leadership Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online Master’s in Leadership Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
Admission Requirements for the Master’s Degree in Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Careers for Online Master’s in Executive Leadership Graduates
Graduates of the online master’s in executive leadership may see employment and pay advancement opportunities in their current careers. Your degree in leadership may even lead to new leadership roles in private business, corporate business, nonprofits, or government roles that rely on broad leadership skill sets.
With a master’s degree in leadership, you can pursue positions like:
- Business development executive
- Business owner
- Company executive
- Organizational manager