Prevent Fraud Before It Happens with a Master’s Degree in Forensic Accounting
Forensic accountants protect companies by combating theft, fraud, embezzlement, and other financial crimes. They play a vital role in the business world and perform many essential duties, such as reviewing financial statements, identifying fraudulent activity, testifying as expert witnesses in court, and assisting in civil and criminal investigations.
If you want to launch an exciting career in financial forensics, Liberty’s online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) – Forensic Accounting is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. This program can prepare students like you for success in the competitive business industry. With a master’s in forensic accounting, you can help your organization achieve financial security.
Partner with us and prepare to find your niche in the world of accounting.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty University’s Forensic Accounting Master’s Program?
Our School of Business seeks to produce quality candidates who possess a strong working knowledge of the business industry. After completing this degree, you’ll be equipped to enter the workforce, advance in your current field, or pursue doctoral studies. Whatever your goals are, we’re here to help you achieve them.
At Liberty, we’re committed to providing you with the following benefits:
If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. With our 100% online forensic accounting program, you can complete your degree from the comfort of your home and log into your courses when it’s most convenient for you. Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while earning a degree that can take your career to the next level.
In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have extensive, real-world experience in business accounting. With their instruction, you will develop valuable skills and knowledge that can help further your career. Our faculty are passionate about what they do and committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At Liberty, you’ll gain more than textbook knowledge — you’ll develop the skills needed to tackle real-world accounting problems. Through our challenging, rewarding courses, you will learn how to integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge. Our programs are informed by cutting-edge research and are designed to help you lead with excellence and integrity in the workplace.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Forensic Accounting Courses?
Become a knowledgeable, ethical, and value-driven accounting professional.
To effectively fight fraud, forensic accountants need more than math skills. They must also have a firm foundation in business, critical thinking, communication, and research. You’ll develop these essential skills as you complete Liberty’s forensic accounting degree. You will also gain the skills and education required to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam.
In this program, you’ll learn how to evaluate, review, and describe complex business finances. You’ll also learn how to oversee financial transactions and monitor for illegal activity in a variety of business settings. That way, no matter what type of organization you work for, you can prevent fraud and help your company achieve financial stability.
Learn how to use information systems to report financial data. In our online accounting courses, you’ll complete hands-on projects designed to help you analyze and apply the best tax research methods. If you want to become an auditor or accountant, our professors will help you gain the financial literacy and business management skills needed to succeed in the business world.
Accountants must follow high ethical and professional standards, which is why we offer a course on accounting ethics. Through the forensic accounting cognate, you will learn how to uncover discrepancies and abuses, prevent unaccounted losses, and ensure efficient budgeting. You can become an invaluable business asset and help your company thrive.
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 650 – Corporate Governance and Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- ACCT 654 – Fraud Examination
- ACCT 660 – Information Technology and Fraud
Highlights of Our Forensic Accounting Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Science in Accounting – Forensic Accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- When paired with an undergraduate degree in accounting, Liberty’s online master’s in forensic accounting can help you meet the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam.
- This accounting degree is a great step toward earning your Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credentials through the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
- The courses in our online programs are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with accounting students, alumni, and professionals from across the country.
- While pursuing your master’s degree at Liberty, you can take advantage of the services offered by our Career Center. From career fairs and networking to interview techniques and résumé critiques, we offer personalized coaching that will help you find your footing in today’s competitive job market.
MSA in Forensic Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online forensic accounting degree.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Forensic Accounting Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with an MSA in Forensic Accounting?
Forensic accountants and auditors are employed in a variety of settings, including accounting firms, insurance companies, law offices, and governmental agencies. Earning a master’s in forensic accounting can equip you for many full-time jobs in the world of business and accounting. Some of these roles include:
- Accounting professor
- Budget analyst
- Business owner
- Certified public accountant
- Financial fraud analyst
- Personal financial advisor
- Revenue agent
- Tax examiner
MSA in Forensic Accounting Requirements for Admission
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Please note: The M.S. in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.