A Degree in Forensic Accounting Can Help You Prevent Fraud Before it Happens!
Liberty University’s 100% online degree in forensic accounting is designed for students who want to make a difference in their company, organization, or small business through fraud prevention and forensic accounting. The online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) – Forensic Accounting degree can help you create strategic solutions to achieve better fiscal responsibility, efficiency, and prevent fraud in any business.
Throughout the online master’s in forensic accounting degree program, you will learn how to identify crucial accounting data that will uncover discrepancies and abuses, while also preventing unaccounted losses and inefficient budgeting. With an MSA in Forensic Accounting degree, you can become a force of efficiency and responsibility that will help your company thrive.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s Degree in Accounting – Forensic Accounting?
The online MSA in Forensic Accounting degree is a 30-hour program that develops forensic accounting professionals with a Christian worldview who can serve as auditors and accounting managers in many fields. Liberty’s accounting program offers challenging, rewarding, and biblically-based courses taught by seasoned professors with real-world business experience. Our faculty focuses on teaching essential skills and techniques to develop you into an invaluable business asset.
Additionally, courses in the online MSA in Forensic Accounting program — paired with your undergraduate accounting degree — can help you meet the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam.
What Will You Learn in the Online MSA in Forensic Accounting Degree?
The forensic accounting cognate in our Master of Science in Accounting degree prepares graduates to evaluate, review, and describe complex business finances. Forensic accountants and auditors are employed in a variety of settings, including accounting firms, insurance companies, law offices, and governmental agencies.
As such, the online MSA in Forensic Accounting provides training for a variety of financial systems, legal statuses, and levels of business which need accountability for business transactions and monitoring for illegal activity.
These specialized auditing skills are built on a foundation of advanced accounting and business management study that will ensure you are able to qualify for many accounting roles.
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 650 – Corporate Governance and Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- ACCT 654 – Fraud Examination
- ACCT 660 – Information Technology and Fraud
- By earning your online MSA in Forensic Accounting degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- When combined with an undergraduate accounting degree, Liberty’s online Master of Science in Accounting in Forensic Accounting can help you prepare for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.
- You can complete this master’s in accounting – forensic accounting degree in as little as one year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – A practical, executive leadership-focused degree that can be completed in as little as one year
- Master of Business Administration (36 hours) – A corporate business-focused degree that will prepare you to work in many fields and equip you for a variety of business roles
- Master of Business Administration – Accounting – A corporate business-focused degree with added accounting expertise for additional marketability
Online MSA in Forensic Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online forensic accounting degree.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- *Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Graduates who complete this online accounting degree will have the opportunity to pursue many different careers, including:
- Audit accountant
- Business owner
- Certified public accountant
- Finance manager
- Financial fraud analyst
- Government analyst
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.