Help Guide Your Company through Difficult Financial Decisions with the Online Master’s in Accounting – Financial Services Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master’s in Accounting is designed for people who see themselves making a bigger difference in their company, organization, or small business in the area of financial services. The online Master’s in Accounting program will build on your previous business and accounting experience to help you discover new ways to assist your business run more efficiently and better utilize financial assets by leveraging critical business data. Through the Financial Services area of study, you will learn the process for assessing and evaluating business assets to give you an edge in a competitive business marketplace.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Accounting Degrees?
Our online Master’s Degree in Accounting with a specialization in Financial Services will develop your business and accounting skills into a cohesive model for analyzing, evaluating, and leverage business assets to increase efficiency, grow your market and reduce risk. The management and leadership skills built into the core of the online Master’s in Accounting curriculum will prepare you for leadership roles, and the advanced graduate studies in business and accounting will give you the theoretical and practical background needed to adapt to many industries.
We accomplish this through our challenging and rewarding, biblically-based courses taught by seasoned business professionals with real-world experience. Each professor will teach you needed the skills and techniques to develop you into an expert in the field.
Liberty University was founded in 1971 and remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation, so you can be confident that your degree will not only meet the rigorous standards of accreditation but will hold its value over time. Courses in our online Masters in Accounting degree will also assist you in meeting the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam when accompanied by an Undergraduate Accounting degree.
Accreditations and Awards
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Accounting Degree?
Our online Master’s in Accounting – Financial Services degree will explore the integral aspects of business, accounting, and important financial services. As a student in our Master’s in Accounting degree, you will study all components of the field, including investments, corporate finance, financial markets, and more. The online course content will provide an advanced study in business, economics, and accounting, with an in-depth focus on issues and knowledge in finance and financial management.
In our online accounting degree, you will learn how to employ effective technological strategies for financial decision-making, develop skills to manage the resources needed to grow your business, make investments and acquisitions, and plan for the future of your company.
Highlights of Our MS Accounting – Financial Services
- By earning your online Master’s in Accounting degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- The Master of Science in Accounting – Financial Services is an online degree in accounting that will prepare you to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam when combined with an Undergraduate Accounting degree.
- Students can complete this Master of Science in Accounting: Financial Services online accounting degree in as little as two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Business Administration – Liberty University’s Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredited Master of Business Administration is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each area of study within this degree is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in the business world.
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – Master of Arts in Executive Leadership seeks to prepare you to excel as a business professional in a variety of management positions. Pursuing this degree will enhance your opportunities for career advancement and will strengthen your critical thinking skills through challenging real-world assignments.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our M.S. in Accounting- Financial Services degree.
- View our Financial Services degree online Course Guides (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Financial Services
Graduates who complete our online Financial Services degree will have the opportunity to pursue careers as:
- Credit/Loan Counselor
- Loan Interviewer
- New Accounts Clerk
- Audit Accountant
- Business Owner
- Certified Public Accountant
- Finance Manager
Admission Requirements for Online MS Accounting Program
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.