Grow Your Business Through Efficient Finances with the Master of Science in Accounting – Business
Are you interested in advancing your accounting career while mastering business principles that can help you become more marketable in your field? Perhaps public accounting firm jobs are your priority, but you’d like additional training in general business. Liberty University’s online degree in accounting with a focus in business provides a core set of accounting classes as well as a flexible selection of strategic business courses that can be tailored to suit your individual goals.
This advanced business program, which is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), is designed for those who want to work in a variety of positions within the field of accounting. If you are looking for an accredited online master’s in accounting program with specialized business study, this degree may be for you.
You don’t have to limit yourself to only an accounting career path. You can use Liberty’s MS in Accounting to become an accounting professional who is also well-versed in general business.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty’s MS in Accounting – Business Online Program?
A career in accounting requires the highest level of accuracy and security to ensure business growth and success. When you earn an online Master of Science in Accounting from Liberty University, you will not only be trained in these crucial skills, but also become grounded in the biblical principles needed to make difficult business decisions in the most ethical way possible.
The online master’s in accounting – business program is taught by industry-leading business professionals, so you can be confident that your accounting and business expertise is rooted in real-world practice. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical for a responsible and successful career in the detail-oriented and complex field of accounting.
MBA vs. Master of Accounting
The difference between a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and a Master of Accounting degree is simply the emphasis of each degree. While MBA and accounting degrees cover overlapping material, the master’s in accounting program places a heavier emphasis on accounting ethics, accounting theory, auditing, financial records, financial reporting, and taxation than an MBA does.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s Degree in Accounting – Business Program?
Through the online Master of Science in Accounting – Business degree program, your accounting expertise will be developed by a rigorous curriculum in accounting law, research, ethics, and auditing. The online master’s in accounting is designed to build on your previous accounting experience, introduce you to new financial analysis concepts, and hone your business management skills. This degree can prepare you to address a wide variety of accounting challenges in many different industries.
The business area of study for the online Master of Science in Accounting allows you to customize your course content, so you can increase your marketability to hiring managers. You will be able to choose from several subject areas that will help equip you for management, decision-making, strategic marketing, and international business. These business electives can help you broaden your appeal to potential employers or specialize in a specific role.
Will this degree help you become a certified public accountant (CPA)?
Criteria for becoming a Certified Public Accountant vary by state. However, all potential CPAs are required to pass the CPA exam. This degree can help prepare you to sit for the CPA exam. Becoming a CPA has a number of career benefits – whether you are a financial manager, a managerial accountant, or hold any accounting job. For more information on becoming a CPA, contact your state board.
- BUSI 520 – Strategic Marketing Management
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 601 – Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSI 604 – International Business
Program Highlights for the Online Accounting Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Science in Accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online master’s in accounting – business in just 1 year.
- The MS in Accounting – Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- As a student in this online program, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the accounting and business fields from across the country.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Master’s Degree in Accounting Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Accounting
The master’s degree in accounting – business can help prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, for-profit, and nonprofit accounting settings. The business area of study also allows you to focus your studies, so you can become more valuable in your particular industry.
Potential careers include:
- Budget analyst
- Credit analyst
- Payroll clerk
- Revenue agent
Admission Requirements for Our Online MS in Accounting Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.