Grow Business through Efficient Finances with the Master of Science in Accounting – Business
Are you interested in advancing your accounting career while also mastering business principles that will allow you to be more marketable in your field? Liberty University’s online degree in accounting with a focus in business provides a core of accounting curriculum while also expanding your knowledge base with a flexible selection of strategic business courses that can be tailored to suit your individual goals.
This advanced business program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is designed for those who want to work in or be marketable in a variety of positions within the field of accounting.
Why Choose Liberty’s MS in Accounting – Business Online Program?
A career in accounting requires the highest level of accuracy and security to ensure business growth and success. When you earn an online Master of Science in Accounting from Liberty University, you will not only be trained in these crucial skills, but you will be grounded in the biblical principles needed to make the most difficult business decisions with Christian ethics.
The online master’s in accounting – business program is taught by industry-leading business professionals, so you can be confident that your accounting and business expertise is rooted in real-world practice. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical for a responsible and successful career in the highly detail-oriented and complex industry of accounting.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s Degree in Accounting – Business Program?
Through the online Master of Science in Accounting – Business degree program, you will advance your accounting expertise through a rigorous, specific curriculum in accounting law, research, ethics, and auditing. The online master’s in accounting is designed to build on previous accounting experience and coursework to expand your financial analysis and management skills to effectively handle a wide variety of accounting challenges in many different industry settings.
The business area of study for the online Master of Science in Accounting allows you to customize your course content to increase your marketability. You will be able to choose from several areas that will equip you for management roles, decision making, strategic marketing, and international business. These business electives will help you broaden your appeal to potential employers, or help you specialize in a specific role.
- BUSI 520 – Strategic Marketing Management
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 601 – Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSI 604 – International Business
Program Highlights for the Online Accounting Degree
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Science in Accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete the online master’s in accounting – business in under 2 years.
- The MS in Accounting – Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the accounting and business fields from across the country.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Master’s Degree in Accounting Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides. (login required)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Accounting
The master’s degree in accounting – business will prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, profit, and non-profit accounting settings. The business area of study also allows you to focus your studies to be more valuable in your particular industry.
- Budget analyst
- Credit analyst
- Payroll clerk
- Revenue agent
Admission Requirements for an Online MS Accounting Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.