Secure Knowledge in Information Systems with Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Database Online Program
Liberty University’s 100% online Undergraduate Certificate in Database is designed to provide you with training in the fascinating language of coding, database development, and application programming. In just two semesters, you will learn how to take a database or application from the design phase to delivery. The courses in our undergraduate database certificate provide hands-on experience in industry-leading SQL, RDBMS, and ER CASE tools.
Liberty’s mission is to help you be prepared to enter this fast-paced industry with valuable knowledge and confidence. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the information technology field, our systems training will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need.
If you are interested in furthering your education for career advancement, consider our B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development online degree program.
Potential Career Options for Database Certificate Graduates
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Database can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited database certificate:
- Computer systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Database developer
- Information systems engineer
- Information systems manager
- Web developer
The coding, application development, and programming skills that you gain from our certificate in database can be an asset in many other aspects of the information science field as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the BS in database.Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a database certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Database Administrators, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Database Certificate Program?
Liberty University is one of the largest nonprofit, private universities in the nation and the largest university in the state of Virginia. We proudly hold accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our online undergraduate database certificate provides the quality education you expect and the flexibility you need. Each class is offered 100% online, so you won’t have to take time away from your busy schedule to attend an on-campus class.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Database?
Organizations heavily rely on database systems to operate successfully in competitive markets. Our database certificate provides training in data manipulation and programming languages using an Oracle platform. You will learn from professors with a vast amount of experience in information systems as you complete your certificate.
- CSIS 100 – Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- CSIS 208 – Application Programming
- CSIS 212 – Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 325 – Database Management Systems
- CSIS 327 – Introduction to Oracle
- CSIS 328 – Advanced Oracle
Online Database Certificate Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Database in about 2 semesters.
- You may apply many credits earned in the database certificate toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Database Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.