Design Effective Data Networks with the Online Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems – Database
Efficient information systems and databases are vital for successful information management and digital transactions in business and other sectors. With opportunities in a wide range of industries, graduates of database administrator degrees like the online BS in Information Systems – Database can choose from many rewarding careers in business, education, healthcare, criminal justice, and other fields. With the expanding need for management of databases and information systems in the marketplace, the online BS in Information Systems – Database degree offers a specialized track that is tailored to fulfill industry demands.
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Database is designed to equip you for the future of technology management. Database systems must be dependable and accessible for effective use in an organization, and the database area of study will prepare you to ensure that these systems deliver information assets efficiently and reliably. With Liberty University’s flexible 100% online format, you can complete the online BS in Information Systems – Database degree in as few as three years while working and staying connected with your family, church, and community.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Bachelor’s in Information Systems – Database Degree Program?
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a promising industry outlook? Our online bachelor’s in information systems – database will help you make a positive impact on businesses by developing and deploying enterprise database systems and managing corporate information systems.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the job market for database administrators will increase by 9% between 2018 and 2028, which is faster than the average of all occupations. With a median salary of $90,070 in 2018, you can prepare to take advantage of new opportunities with Liberty’s BS in Information Systems.*
The Information Systems Database area of study equips students to achieve their goals in database information management by leveraging technology and business skillsets with biblical ethics, making graduates of Liberty programs known for their integrity and excellence. As part of Liberty’s School of Business, the online bachelor’s in information systems – database degree holds prestigious program accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Whether you are currently working in the information systems management field or looking to launch a new career, the Online Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems – Database will make you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and competent professional.
Our online database area of study will provide you with an accredited program from a top-ranked online university that will also help you prepare for marketable professional certifications in industry-essential tools, such as Cisco and Java. If you are looking for an online information systems degree with amazing flexibility and a Christian worldview, our online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Database is the answer.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, in the Occupational Outlook Handbook (viewed online December 11, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in the Online Bachelor’s in Information Systems – Database Degree Program?
Through the online BS in Information Systems, you will gain foundational knowledge of principles of information systems and database information and how they support industries in business, non-profit, and government settings. This degree emphasizes the design and management of overall data networks and systems, and so your focus will be programming languages and other tools used in networks and management rather than application development tools.
During this program, you will study course content that will prepare you to take various examinations for certifications that will add to your marketability as a professional and demonstrate your expertise.
- CSIS 212 – Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 327 – Oracle
- CSIS 410 – Web Enterprise Technologies
- CSIS 473 – IS Project Management
Database Online Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View all of the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- The BS in Information Systems has assessment fees in some business courses.
- Oracle® fees are also required for certain courses that prepare students for certification through the official curriculum of Oracle University.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Information Systems Database
The database online program prepares you for a challenging but fulfilling role in information systems and database management. Through the database administrator degree, you will provide support to businesses, financial institutions, telecommunications, healthcare, and national security interests. Potential careers for an information security degree include:
- Database analyst
- Database developer
- Data management specialist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s BS in Information Technology – Database
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of the B.S. in Information Systems – Database Online Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online BS in Information Systems – Database degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our database administrator degree holds program accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students can complete the online BS in Information Systems – Database in as little as 3 and a half years.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network through courses with expert database administrators and leaders in information systems and database management.