Design Effective Data Networks with an Online Database Management Degree
Are you seeking a rewarding career with a promising industry outlook? Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Database will equip you to pursue many job opportunities in the world of business and technology. You’ll learn how to develop and manage effective databases and corporate information systems (IS).
Almost all organizations rely on data networks to manage information and handle digital transactions. By earning this IS degree, you can launch an exciting career in business, education, healthcare, or criminal justice, among other industries! Our database concentration is designed to meet the need for professionals who can implement and oversee efficient databases in the marketplace.
Partner with us and train to become a Champion for Christ in your personal and professional life.
Who uses databases?
Databases can store huge amounts of data in a practical, organized manner — and businesses of all sizes rely on database systems to operate successfully in competitive markets. Many types of companies use data systems, from banks and retail stores to hospitals and large corporations. So earning a bachelor’s in IS can help you qualify for tech jobs in numerous industries!
What do database administrators do?
Databases are used to manage an organization’s information, such as financial statistics, payroll data, and customer records. How can a company make sure its information technology (IT) databases are running as efficiently as possible? The answer: database administrators.
Database administrators are tech-savvy professionals who use software to store and organize a company’s data. They develop information systems that are easy to use and securely protected against unauthorized access. With their expertise, they can design and manage data systems that help businesses succeed.
Is database administration a good career?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for database administrators is $93,750 per year. This field is projected to grow 10% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.* With Liberty’s B.S. in Information Systems, you can be equipped to take advantage of many lucrative job opportunities.
How long does it take to become a database administrator?
At Liberty, you can earn your B.S. in Information Systems – Database in as little as 3.5 years! We provide a fast, flexible path to graduation and the tools you need to jumpstart your career.
What skills do database administrators need?
To work as a database administrator, you’ll need to hone a variety of hard and soft skills. Database administrators must be extremely attentive to detail and possess good interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving abilities.
You will also need to develop strong technical skills, especially in the areas of data management and computer science. That’s where our program comes in. By completing Liberty’s bachelor’s in database administration, you can learn how to manage systems and carry out essential business operations.
How do you become a database administrator?
Database administrators typically need a bachelor’s degree in information systems or computer science. Our IS program can help you enter the professional workforce with confidence.
Is an online degree credible?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that your online degree from Liberty will be respected in the professional workplace.
Why Choose Liberty’s Database Management Degree Online?
Whether you are currently working in IS management or looking to switch career paths, our online bachelor’s in information systems will help you stand out as an ethical, competent professional. In this program, you’ll receive real-world training that equips you with essential business and tech skills.
To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, our curriculum is taught through the lens of a biblical worldview. That way, you can learn how to integrate ethical standards with industry best practices. At Liberty, you won’t just get a degree — you’ll study under professors who have years of experience in database information management. Our faculty are ready and eager to share their expertise with you and provide the academic support you need to graduate career-ready.
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our dedication to providing top-notch programs that are accessible, affordable, and high-quality has not. Our B.S. in Information Systems is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, job, church, and community — while still attending database management and administration school online.
What Will You Learn in Our Database Management Classes?
Learn how to leverage information technology and human capital to accomplish business goals.
In this program, you’ll explore the core principles of database management as you learn how to support companies in business, nonprofit, and government settings. By the time you graduate, you’ll be equipped to pursue jobs related to the development and management of data systems.
Liberty’s B.S. in Information Systems – Database is broken down into 2 categories: the core IS courses and the database specialization. You will explore foundational concepts related to business and IS, including financial accounting, business law, data communication systems, information security, project management, and system analysis and design.
Our courses can also help you gain the knowledge you need to take various certification exams. By pursuing certifications, you can increase your marketability and demonstrate your expertise to employers.
The goal of this degree is to give you both the technical know-how and the leadership skills needed to oversee IS projects within a business. You’ll learn how to use industry-essential tools, such as Cisco and Java. The database cognate provides targeted training in web enterprise technologies, Oracle platforms, and object-oriented programming. With this knowledge, you can become a leader in your field and find new ways to meet the needs of your organization.
Database Administrator Bachelor’s Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our database degree online.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Some of the business courses in this program have assessment fees.
- This degree will help prepare students for certification through the official curriculum of Oracle University. Certain courses will have related Oracle® fees.
Military Benefits for Our Database Management Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options for Graduates with an Online Database Degree
This program will prepare you for a wide range of challenging, fulfilling jobs in information systems and database management. You could provide support to businesses, financial institutions, telecommunications companies, or even healthcare organizations.
Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this degree include:
- Computer systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Database developer
- Information systems engineer
- Information systems manager
- Web developer
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Information Systems Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Database Administration Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s degree in database administration from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our database administrator degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Having an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- This online degree in database management can be completed in under 4 years.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in information systems and database management from across the country.
- You can access a wealth of resources through Liberty’s top-notch research portal while completing our database courses online.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Database Administrators (viewed online September 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.