Build a Solid Foundation for Your Programming Future with an App Development Certificate
Liberty’s online undergraduate Application Development Certificate is designed to equip you for entry-level jobs as an application developer. By completing this program, you can expand your expertise in information technology (IT) and project management, as well as develop marketable skills that apply to many industries. You’ll explore how to create software products and programs that help businesses accomplish essential tasks.
In as little as 2 semesters, you can learn how to carry out every stage of the design process — from concept to delivery. Our business application development courses will teach you to speak the language of the internet as you dive into computer programming. Whether you are looking to advance in your current field or launch a new career altogether, Liberty’s app development classes can help you achieve your goals.
What qualifications do you need to be an app developer?
App development involves creating, testing, and evaluating application software for computers. To work as an app developer, you’ll need to develop strong communication, analysis, and problem-solving skills. You’ll also need to know how to work as part of a team and how to offer excellent customer service to your clients. With these essential soft skills, you can meet the needs of your clients and establish good working relationships.
Additionally, app developers must possess a variety of technical skills — and that’s where our program comes in. At Liberty, you can gain the programming, computer science, and software development skills you need to get your career started.
Why Choose Liberty University’s App Development Certificate Program?
Our certificate in app development courses are offered completely online and have no set login times — which means you can complete your assignments wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you! We offer the flexibility you need to take the next step in your academic journey without uprooting your life. Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while attending app development school online.
Liberty’s undergraduate certificate in app development is an excellent alternative to a full-length bachelor’s program, allowing you to gain vital skills while saving time and money. The best part? This program can be completed in as little as 2 semesters! To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we’ll equip you to live out ethical standards in the workplace so you can lead in your field with skill and integrity.
We believe Liberty stands out as one of the best colleges for app development. Through this certificate program, you can become proficient in various programming languages and prepare to pursue a job as a full-time or freelance app developer. Maybe you want to turn your computer science skills into a career, or perhaps you want to work on your own software development projects. Either way, Liberty provides the affordable tuition rates, quality academics, and real-world training you need to get started in the IT industry.
If you are interested in pursuing a degree beyond the certificate level, you may be interested in our B.S. in Information Technology program.
What Will You Learn in Our Application Development Courses Online?
Liberty’s application development classes provide an in-depth look at various types of computer programming, as well as a basic overview of information sciences. You’ll learn how to develop C# applications, write algorithms, and code information systems using a graphical development environment. You will also be equipped to analyze the use of technology through the lens of a biblical worldview.
Learn how to design, implement, and evaluate computer applications using best practices in user experience and efficiency. Even if you have no prior programming experience, you will gain all of the skills you need to develop a software product from concept to release. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to create, test, and integrate effective computer programs.
Companies of all sizes rely on well-designed applications in order to complete tasks more easily and efficiently — so you can be confident that the work you do as an application developer will serve a vital, useful purpose.
- CSIS 100 – Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- CSIS 208 – Application Programming
- CSIS 209 – C# Programming
- CSIS 212 – Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 312 – Advanced Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 375 – Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction
Highlights of Our Certificate in App Development
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this software development diploma online in as little as 2 semesters.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing Liberty’s application developer certificate courses.
- If you decide to further your education, this certificate will equip you to pursue a business application development bachelor’s program.
Application Design and Development Certificate Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our app development program.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Undergraduate App Development Certificate
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in App Development
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.