Build a Solid Foundation for Your Programming Future with Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development is designed to help you create software products and prepare you for entry-level jobs as an application developer. The content of the online Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development was carefully chosen to expand your expertise in information technology and project management so that you will have marketable computer science skills that apply to many industries.
In as little as 2 semesters, you can learn how to build a program from the design phase all the way through delivery. Our online app development classes will teach you to speak the language of the internet as you dive into computer programming. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the business field, our Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development will equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development?
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus. The computer science and development skills you learn through this certificate program will provide the basic skills and knowledge you need to create software products, whether that is for your primary job or your own project. With open markets and options for the direct sale of digital products, you will have the opportunity to become a developer for your own projects or turn these skills into a rewarding career.
If you are interested in pursuing education beyond the certificate level, you may be interested in our B.S. in Information Technology.
What Will You Learn in the Application Development Courses?
The online Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development provides a basic overview of computer science and systems as well as takes you through the process of developing applications that are designed with best practices in user experience and efficiency. Even if you have no prior programming experience, you will learn all of the skills needed to develop a software product from concept to release. Our application development courses are designed to prepare you for your future career and educational goals within the field.
- CSIS 100 – Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- CSIS 208 – Application Programming
- CSIS 209 – C# Programming
- CSIS 212 – Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 312 – Advanced Object-Oriented Programming
- CSIS 375 – Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction
Highlights of Our Certificate in App Development
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Application Development in as little as 2 semesters.
Application Development Certificate Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log in times
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.