Exercise Biblical Stewardship Using an Online Accounting Degree
We are called to be good stewards in all that we do — and that includes how we do business. Businesses need to use their resources wisely and with discernment. By earning a bachelor’s in accounting, you can equip yourself to successfully steward the finances of an organization and become an integral member of any company.
Earning a Bachelor of Science in Accounting can open the door to new positions in corporate, government, nonprofit, or even consulting settings. Many accounting professionals also specialize in a specific industry or a specific skill set. You could pursue a career as a public or private accountant, credit or budget analyst, or as an auditor or financial planner. A bachelor’s in accounting provides you with a variety of career avenues to explore as you seek to apply your passion for good stewardship to your profession.
By providing you with the critical, basic skills to succeed in any accounting field, our online bachelor’s in accounting degree can help you qualify for a variety of career paths. You will be placed in a prime position to analyze an organization’s financial practices, assist with risk analysis, and develop plans for future needs of the company. An accounting degree online will also prepare you for management roles as a consultant and financial expert.
For information about becoming licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), please see the CPA Licensure Requirements for your state.
Not only does the accounting industry offer a variety of career paths, but it is also a growing and financially rewarding career field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 10% job growth for the accounting industry between 2016 and 2026,* and the median pay for accounting professionals is $70,500 a year.**
With a high earning potential, increased demand within the industry, and a multitude of diverse opportunities within the field, now is the time to pursue your passion for becoming an accountant. By earning your online accounting degree through Liberty University, you can graduate with valued skills for the current economy.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Accounting Degree?
Liberty University is passionate about your success, which is why we are excited to offer you one of the best accounting degrees online. Our ACBSP accredited bachelor’s in accounting online is ranked as one of the Best Online Bachelor’s in Accounting by BestColleges.com.
With Liberty’s online bachelor’s in accounting, you get the flexibility of an online curriculum without sacrificing the student-faculty relationship. Our industry-leading curriculum is taught by business professionals who have real-world experience in the private and public sectors.
By studying accounting online, you can earn your accounting degree at your own pace and stay active in your job, your community, and your family without the worry of scheduling on-campus courses.
Throughout this degree program, you will be trained in critical accounting principles and best practices, from taxation laws to auditing and analysis. You will also develop the communication and computer application skills needed to work with complex accounting issues. Most importantly — and unlike other online accounting degrees — our biblical focus will help you learn to identify, analyze, and appropriately handle ethical dilemmas.
The benefits of our industry-leading curriculum, expert faculty, and 100% online format give you everything you need to flourish in the accounting industry. With Liberty University’s B.S. in Accounting, you can be confident in your ability to succeed as an accounting professional.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification
As you work through the courses within our online accounting degree, you can develop analytical and communication skills that will prepare you to sit for certifications like the Certified Public Accountant (CPA). As additional requirements may be needed to receive CPA certification, we encourage students to contact their state board with questions about these additional requirements. You can also speak with one of our admissions counselors for additional information by calling (800) 424-9595.
What Will You Learn in Our Accounting Degree Online?
Completing Liberty University’s online accounting degree will give you the background you need to meet the requirements and challenges of current-day financial management.
With our degree in accounting online, you will learn in-demand skills such as:
- How to apply vital accounting principles to all areas of accounting, including financial and managerial accounting, auditing, corporate finance, principles of marketing, and business policy.
- How to maintain account books, accounting systems, financial statements, and financial records so that they are accurate and efficient while complying with legal rules and regulations.
- How to prepare taxes and tax returns correctly according to legal rules and regulations.
- How to analyze operations and develop strategies to increase profits while minimizing costs.
- How to use current accounting information systems to successfully complete complex accounting tasks.
- How to apply biblical principles of stewardship in order to solve ethical concerns.
Online Accounting Degree Featured Courses
- ACCT 340 — Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 401 — Taxation I
- ACCT 403 — Governmental and Not-for-profit Accounting
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with Our Online Accounting Degree
With an accounting degree, you will be set up for success in a variety of career fields — from corporate and government to education and nonprofit accounting settings. Below are a few career options that may be available to you once you have earned your accounting degree.
- Accounts payable or receivable specialist
- Actuarial/insurance accountant
- Financial analyst
- Finance director
- Financial planner
- Staff accountant
- Tax accountant
- Tax attorney
Admission Requirements for the Undergraduate Accounting Degree Online
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Degree Information for Our Accounting Degree Online
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Accounting can prepare you to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam. However, students should verify CPA exam qualifications with their state board because additional requirements are usually needed to receive CPA certification.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Degree in Accounting
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Ranked as one of the best online bachelor’s in accounting by BestColleges.com
- This program is ACBSP accredited.
- You may be able to earn additional credit for life experience, certifications, and military training.
- Our accounting degree online is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- You can complete this bachelor’s in accounting in about 3.5 years.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and auditors: Job outlook, 2019 (viewed online August 28, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and auditors: Pay, 2019 (viewed online August 28, 2019). Cited pay may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.