Get the Skills You Need with an Online Associate Degree in Accounting
Earning an associate degree can help you qualify for new career opportunities in less time than a bachelor’s degree. And with Liberty University’s associate in accounting online, you can complete all your business courses on your schedule. Imagine completing an entire degree in 1.5 years with flexible 8-week class formats — all from the comfort of your home or office!
What Can You Do with an Associate Degree in Accounting?
Our associate degree in accounting is designed to give you the financial, managerial, and governmental accounting knowledge you need to succeed in the current economy. Whether you want to work with a public or private business, our online associate degree in accounting can prepare you for a career as an accountant, credit/budget analyst, auditor, or financial planner.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
How Much Do Accountants with an Associate Degree Make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, bookkeepers, accountants, and auditing clerks with an associate degree made a median of $40,000 in 2018.* Accountants and auditors with a bachelor’s degree, on the other hand, made a median of $70,500 that year.* If you’re looking for more career opportunities and higher pay, you can transfer all 60 credit hours into Liberty’s online BS in Accounting and Data Analysis after completing your online associate degree in accounting.
By earning your accounting associate degree online with Liberty, you can actively prepare for a better career while getting the credits you need to complete a bachelor’s degree down the road. Whatever your personal or career goals are, let us help you take the next step towards achieving them.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Accounting?
A college education is one of the most important investments you can make. At Liberty, we want to honor and help that investment go as far as possible. And we do so with some of the lowest tuition rates in the country — tuition rates that have been frozen for the last 7 years.
Here are some other ways Liberty aims to make an associate degree in accounting worth it for you:
- 100% online format
- Taught by professionals with years of experience in accounting and business leadership
- Classes that run for 8-weeks at a time and have no set login times during the week
- An accounting degree that’s received ACBSP accreditation
You deserve to learn from the best without any on-campus class requirements. Liberty University’s online accounting degree can help you get the career skills you need while allowing you the freedom to maintain your job, family, and community responsibilities.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate in Accounting Degree?
Aside from the cost of tuition, your main concern is earning an online associate degree in accounting that teaches you the skills you need to succeed. That means learning industry best practices that are useful today — and tomorrow.
Liberty University’s online associate in accounting degree gives you an introduction to all areas of accounting so you feel prepared for positions in financial management. Course content within our associate in accounting degree includes financial and managerial accounting, principles of marketing, and business law. In addition to the accounting-specific courses, you will complete a core of general education classes.
If you choose to pursue a bachelor’s degree, your accounting associate degree credits can be used to satisfy the majority — if not all — of your general education requirements. By transferring your associate degree in, you may be able to finish your bachelor’s degree in just 1.5 more years!
- ACCT 211 – Financial Principles
- ACCT 212 – Managerial Principles
- BUSI 301 – Business Law
- BUSI 330 – Principles of Marketing
Liberty University’s Accounting Degree Information
- This degree falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Accounting Associate Degree Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Highlights of the Online Accounting Degree from Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your associate degree in accounting online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The School of Business has achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), demonstrating that it has met standards of business education that promote teaching excellence. Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete our online associate degree in accounting in as few as 1.5 years.
- You will gain networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from around the country.
Where Can You Work with an Associate Degree in Accounting?
With an accounting degree, you can be set up for success in any career field you pursue. The training you receive will open doors of opportunity in many areas within the financial and accounting industries.
Below are a few career fields that are commonly associated with someone who has an Associate of Arts in Accounting.
- Corporate accounting
- Nonprofit sectors
- Public accounting
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks, 2019 (viewed online February 5, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and auditors, 2019 (viewed online February 5, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.