Liberty University’s associate degree in accounting is an introductory program designed to equip you with proficiency in one of the most prevalent languages in the business world. Whether you are interested in working in public or private accounting, our online associate degree in accounting will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for a career as an accountant, credit/budget analyst, auditor, or financial planner. By earning your accounting degree online, you will graduate with valued skills in the current economy.
Many of our students choose to further their education after completing an associate degree in accounting to grow in their current role or explore other areas within the accounting field. Our online associate degree in accounting provides a pathway to obtaining a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Throughout our associate degree in accounting program, you will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as financial, managerial, and governmental accounting. As you progress in your accounting courses, your professors will help you grow in proficiency. Essential skills such as communication and computer application will help you when evaluating and synthesizing common accounting problems.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Accounting Program?
A college education is one of the most important investments a person can make. Students desiring to pursue an associate degree in accounting and who want to become accountants already know the importance of affordable education. Liberty University can meet that need with some of the lowest tuition rates in the country. Liberty’s online associate degree in accounting is taught by professionals with real-world experience in business and leadership settings.
This online associate degree in accounting is offered without any residential class requirements, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate in Accounting Degree?
Completing Liberty University’s online associate in accounting degree will give you an introductory knowledge in all areas of accounting to ensure you meet the requirements and challenges of current-day financial management. Course content within our associate in accounting degree includes financial and managerial accounting, principles of marketing, and business law.
- ACCT 211- Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 – Managerial Accounting
- BUSI 301 – Business Law
- BUSI 330 – Principles of Marketing
Online Accounting Degree Information
- This degree falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the undergraduate course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Highlights of the Online Accounting Degree from Liberty University
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning an associate degree in accounting from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- In addition to Liberty University’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), Liberty’s School of Business has achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), demonstrating it has met standards of business education that promote teaching excellence.
- You can complete our online associate degree in accounting in about two years.
- Networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from around the country.
Potential Career Options with an Online Accounting Associate Degree
With an accounting degree, you will be set up for success in any career field you pursue. The training you receive will open doors of opportunity in many areas within the financial and accounting industries. Below are a few career options that are commonly associated with someone who has an Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- Corporate Accounting
- Public Accounting
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A high school self-certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.