Become a Leader in Christian Counseling Settings by Earning a Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is designed so that you can become a biblical counselor in Christian ministries and agency-based, non-licensure settings. In our online ministry leadership and pastoral counseling master’s degree program, you will study psychology and the Christian understanding of human nature and God’s creation that informs biblical counseling.
The online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling provides a balanced treatment of spiritual and mental health guidance, which can help equip you as a ministry professional already in the field or if you want to move into a non-licensure Christian counseling role.
The leadership area of study for the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling can help prepare you to handle the administrative and organizational challenges faced by church leaders and ministry professionals. If you find yourself called to leadership in biblical counseling or want to take on more ministry responsibility, then you may benefit from the practical and field-tested Christian leadership methods of our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership?
If you are already a ministry professional but lack the training to help people struggling with spiritual and mental health crises, completing an online Christian counseling degree like our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling can help fill in the gaps by building upon your ministry experience. If you want to branch out into a Christian counseling role, the field-specific training and biblical counseling techniques offered in our pastoral counseling degree in leadership are designed to provide much-needed support for biblical counseling in a variety of settings.
Liberty’s pastoral counseling degree online in leadership can benefit you with the strategic planning and administrative skills to manage the day-to-day operation and proper planning of a successful Christian organization, whether that is a church or parachurch ministry. As a Christian counselor who wants to build a counseling ministry, you can become better prepared with the executive skills you need for effective leadership.
Our faculty have years of experience in related fields and dedication to your success, so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education. As you complete your internship, you have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field so that you can be well prepared for an exciting range of possibilities upon graduation.
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology and develop effective Christian counseling with a firm biblical worldview.
- Gain marketable real-world experience in biblical counseling by helping people in your community through the pastoral counseling internship.
- The online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling falls within the School of Behavioral Sciences but receives the School of Divinity tuition rate of just $395 per credit hour for part-time students as well as the online seminary’s block rate. Students attending full time (9-15 credit hours) are eligible for a block rate of $2,750 per semester!*
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling online are charged at the part-time rate.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership?
Our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling online in leadership is designed to provide a broad set of foundational Christian counseling skills and knowledge along with specialized topic courses and hands-on skills. As you pursue biblical counseling training in the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling you can learn more about how the science of psychology reflects biblical principles of personhood and human nature and how mental health treatment benefits from spiritual health. Additionally, you will have an internship that can be completed in your local community. An experience like this can help you turn your knowledge into wisdom as you impact the counseling field for Christ.
The leadership area of study for the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling emphasizes biblical leadership and administrative skills needed for effective ministry organization. Students pursuing the leadership area of study can learn from the example of great Christian leaders of the past and present while studying the biblical foundations of leadership and conflict resolution.
Please note that the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is not designed to fulfill clinical counseling licensure requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree for more information about counseling licensure.
- LEAD 510 — Biblical Foundations of Leadership
- LEAD 520 — The Life of Leaders
- LEAD 610 — Team Leadership and Conflict Resolution
- LEAD 620 — Mission, Vision, and Strategic Planning
M.A. in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online pastoral counseling leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership in as little as 1.5 years.
- Develop broad experience in Christian counseling and pastoral care to address mental and spiritual health issues in your ministry or biblical counseling practice.
- Become better equipped to handle challenges in leading ministry organizations, churches, or parachurches.
Pastoral Counseling Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Pastoral Counseling
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership
As you complete a degree in Christian counseling, like the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling, you can become more equipped for ministry-based, non-licensure counseling roles in many areas, including marriage and family counseling or addiction counseling.
As a graduate of the leadership area of study, you can be better equipped for ministry leadership positions and the organization and management of Christian counseling ministry. Some of the careers you could pursue include:
- Associate pastor
- Church counselor
- Lay ministry leader
- Life coach
- Outpatient care counselor
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Pastoral Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.