Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Crime Scene Investigation
Liberty University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation program provides a solid foundation of both knowledge and skills to equip you for a career in the criminal investigative field. Through Liberty’s forensic program, you will develop a foundational understanding of law enforcement, the internal workings of the criminal justice system, and its response to different types of crime. While earning your degree, you will develop skills in scientific and analytical practices of forensics and law. Knowledge and experience gained through courses will prepare you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of forensics.
Find out if you qualify for the Emergency Response Personnel discount.
What’s your minor?
Expand your degree options by choosing a Minor from the Bachelor's Degree Programs web page.
- 120 total hours
- 30 hours must be taken through Liberty
- 50% (24 hours) of major must be taken through Liberty
- 30 hours of upper-level course are a required part of the 120 total hours
Credit for life experience
- Law enforcement officials who can document successful completion from an accredited police academy may be eligible to earn credit hours toward their degree.
- Some forms of military experience may be eligible as college credit.
Potential Career Fields
- Crime Scene Technician
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Senior Forensic Analyst
- Forensic Project Coordinator
Want to learn more?