LUO Military Tuition Discount
Qualified online military students and military spouses (as defined by Liberty University) are eligible to receive a discount on the cost of tuition upon submission of qualifying military documentation.
- Undergraduate: For undergraduate programs (Certificate, Associates, and Bachelors), the tuition rate is $250 per credit hour, which is the Tuition Assistance cap for Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.
- Graduate: The tuition rate for graduate online programs is $275 per credit hour. This tuition rate applies to all graduate programs (Certificate and Masters).
- Doctoral: A discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit hour is also available for the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) programs for eligible military students, as well as Military Rawlings School of Divinity Ed.D. and Ed.S. programs, including Ed.D. Community Care and Counseling programs (Trauma, Pastoral Care and Counseling, and Marriage and Family Counseling) and Ed.D. Christian Leadership: Ministry Leadership.
Eligibility and Important Policies
Students who meet any of the below criteria may qualify for the discounted online military tuition rate:
- Active Duty
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of Service Members and Veterans/Retirees
- Current Department of Defense Employees
Furthermore, the following policies apply:
- Service members/veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces qualify after basic training has been completed (as defined in 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(4)). State Guard does not qualify.
- Veterans must have a Character of Service that is: Honorable, Under Honorable Conditions, General, or Uncharacterized (if completion of basic training can be verified on the DD-214).
- A military spouse is defined by Liberty University as a husband or wife currently in a state-sanctioned marriage to a current service member or veteran, both of whom are natural-born members of the opposite sex.
- If you apply to a new program, change degree levels, or break enrollment, you will be required to resubmit documentation that meet the current eligibility requirements.
- The discount is only awarded once acceptable documentation is received and reviewed by the Office of Military Affairs. Benefits are not awarded retroactively.
- Students must be pursuing an online degree program at the Certificate, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s level. Additionally, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Education Specialist (Ed.S.) students may qualify. Students enrolled in a Residential program or the Willmington School of the Bible do not qualify.
- If your discharge does not meet the criteria for our military benefits and you feel your situation warrants a special review by our office, please provide a written explanation of your circumstances (including the DD-214 with character of service listed, supporting documentation, and a brief essay) to be reviewed by the Office of Military Affairs for consideration. You may email your request with documentation attached to LUOMilitary@liberty.edu. The Office of Military Affairs reserves the right to deny or approve appeals based on a comprehensive review of all documentation submitted.
How to Apply?
If you believe you may qualify for this benefit, please review the information on our LUO Military Benefits guide to submit your documentation and apply.
Once approved for this benefit, the discount is automatically applied to the tuition within 3-5 business days of enrollment in course(s). You may verify your charges have updated accordingly by viewing your Summary of Account through ASIST and when you complete Financial Check-In each semester.
Questions? Please contact a Military Benefits Representative for assistance.