Examine Cultural Diversity in Music with Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology
Are you interested in leading worship in a cultural context? Do you have a desire to understand the music and culture around you? If so, our Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology online degree is for you! You can use your degree to create awareness of varied musical expressions, guide worship teams, and provide training to those preparing for music ministries in other cultures. You will study key differences in musical backgrounds while re-affirming a biblical foundation for worship.
You can finish our online master’s degree in worship studies in less than 2 years and apply what you have learned in your local church or other ministries. As you seek to take on a greater role in worship or music ministries, our online master’s degree will map out important comparative studies in ethnomusicology to help you and those around you become more culturally knowledgeable. As a worship leader, pastor, or teacher, you will be responsible for setting the tone for more than just musical performance. That is why this degree program will provide you with a solid biblical foundation to cast the vision for a unified and God-honoring understanding of worship and how it plays a vital role in the life of both the worship leader and the individual worshipper.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology?
With your passion for understanding diverse cultural expressions in music and worship, our online master’s program in worship studies will help you translate that desire into relevant practice.
Our 100% online master’s degree in worship studies – ethnomusicology can help you uncover the importance of worship and its biblical backgrounds as well as renew your focus on what the role of a worship leader should be in diverse cultural contexts. Regardless of your musical preference, our program emphasizes how biblical worship unifies us in the pursuit of worshipping God.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the School of Music is accredited by NASM, the National Association of Schools of Music. All the courses within the worship studies degree can be completed online, which allows you time to manage your family, work, and ministry life. Liberty’s mission is to see you impact lives for Christ by using your abilities in music and leadership to enhance understanding of your relationship with God and others through worship.
What Will You Learn in the Online M.A. in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology?
In our Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology online degree program, you will explore the differences in worship practice across the world and learn how to apply techniques in ethnomusicology to grow a culturally rich understanding of music and worship. You will also research the beginnings of worship from biblical times to the present day, and uncover current issues in worship that shape the modern worship landscape.
When you complete our online worship studies degree, you will be prepared for the dynamics of corporate worship, worship culture, pastoral collaboration within a leadership team, and be equipped with the tools and techniques of the latest methods in worship.
- ETHM 512 – Field of Ethnomusicology
- ETHM 513 – Anthropology of Music
- ETHM 613 – Applied Ethnomusicology
- WRSP 545 – Global Worship
M.A. in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology program in as little as 2 years.
M.A. in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Master’s Degree in Worship Studies Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Ethnomusicology Career Options
- Music teacher
- Worship pastor
Admission Requirements for the Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.