Examine Musical and Cultural Diversity with our Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology!
Are you interested in leading worship in a cultural context? Do you have a desire to understand the music and culture around you? If so, our Masters in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology online degree is for you! Create awareness of varied musical expressions, guide worship teams, classrooms, or provide training to those preparing for music ministries in other cultures by earning your ethnomusicology degree. You will study key differences in musical backgrounds while re-affirming a biblical foundation for worship.
You can finish our online master’s degree in worship studies – ethnomusicology in less than two years and apply what you have learned in your local church or other ministries. As you seek to take on a greater role in worship or music ministries, our online master’s degree will map out important comparative studies in ethnomusicology to help you and those around you become more culturally knowledgeable. As a worship leader, pastor, or teacher, people will look to you to set the tone for more than just musical performance. That is why this degree program will provide you with a solid biblical foundation to cast the vision for a unified and God-honoring understanding of worship and how it plays a vital role in the life of both the worship leader and the individual worshipper.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology?
With your passion for understanding diverse cultural expressions in music and worship, our online master’s program in worship studies will help you translate that desire into relevant practice through ethnomusicology. Our 100% online master’s degree in worship studies – ethnomusicology will help you uncover the importance of worship, its biblical backgrounds, and renew your focus on what the role of a worship leader should be in diverse cultural contexts. Regardless of your musical preference, our program emphasizes how biblical worship unifies us in the pursuit of worshipping God.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). All the courses within the Worship Studies degree can be completed online, which allows you time to manage your family, work, and ministry life. Liberty’s mission is to see you impact lives for Christ by using your abilities in music and leadership to enhance understanding of our relationship with God and others through worship.
What Will You Learn in the Online M.A. in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology?
In our Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology online degree program, you will explore the differences in worship practice across the world and apply techniques in ethnomusicology to grow a culturally rich understanding of music and worship. You will also research the beginnings of worship from biblical times to the present day, and uncover current issues in worship that shape the modern worship landscape. When you complete our online worship studies degree, you will be prepared for the dynamics of corporate worship, worship culture, pastoral collaboration within a leadership team, and be equipped with the tools and techniques of the latest methods in worship.
- ETHM 512 – Field of Ethnomusicology
- ETHM 513 – Anthropology of Music
- ETHM 613 – Applied Ethnomusicology
- WRSP 545 – Global Worship
M.A. Worship Studies- Ethnomusicology Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete this online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology program in as little as two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
M.A. Worship Studies- Ethnomusicology Degree Information
- This program is 100% online.
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Ethnomusicology Potential Career Options
- Music teacher
- Worship pastor
Admission Requirements for Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.