Take Your Next Step in the Music Industry with Liberty’s Music Production Program
Are you interested in becoming a music producer? Do you want to work for a record label or produce music independently? Perhaps you are already working with artists and want to fine-tune your production skills. With a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Commercial Music – Music Production degree from Liberty, you can prepare to take the next step in your music career – whether you are just getting started or seeking new opportunities and positions of added responsibility.
The music world needs talented producers and industry professionals who are knowledgeable about the processes and techniques that transform simple melodies into sensational records. We want to partner with you as you prepare to engage other people through music. So what are you waiting for? Launch your music career with a commercial music production degree from Liberty.
Why Choose Liberty’s Commercial Music Degree?
We know that flexibility and quality are important to you. That’s why our music production major is offered 100% online with no set login times – so you can earn your degree from the comfort of home. In addition, your courses will be taught by professors who have advanced degrees in music and related areas of study.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education. We don’t just offer you institutional accreditation – our School of Music is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Earning a degree with recognition like this can help set you apart from the competition.
What Will You Learn in Our Music Production Degree?
In the commercial music industry, there are a wide variety of skills that you need to master. At Liberty, you can dive deep into these topics and become a skilled producer. Some topics of study include digital audio workstation skills, studio mixing, sound reinforcement, and audio engineering. In addition to music production courses, you will also take classes in commercial musicianship, conducting, commercial music technology, and much more.
You will even take an applied audio production course that is tailored to your specific career goals. This course is designed to help you graduate career-ready – and so is the entire degree program! With talented faculty who are passionate about your success and a curriculum that has met rigorous accreditation standards, you can be confident that Liberty offers you an education of the highest quality.
- CMUS 335 – Digital Audio Workstation Skills
- CMUS 362 – Studio Producing, Mixing, and Audio Engineering
- CMUS 429 – Sound Reinforcement II
- CMUS 462 – Advanced Digital Audio Production
Course guides coming soon
Degree Information for Our Commercial Music Production Program
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Music Production Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Commercial Music Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our music production degree, you can prepare to pursue careers such as:
- Commercial musician
- Music artist
- Music editor
- Sound engineer
Highlights of Our Commercial Music Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s in commercial music degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This program is approved by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s research portal while you pursue your BS in Commercial Music degree.
Admission Requirements for Our Commercial Music Production Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.