Discover Your Future Career Through Our Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery
Are you seeking an exciting career in law? Do you have an interest or experience in information technology? If you’re fascinated by the legal processes of our nation and wish to live out your faith in a growing career field that combines law and technology, Liberty’s paralegal studies degree program with a specialization in e-discovery may be right for you!
Our Bachelor of Science (BS) in Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery can help prepare you to enter the legal field. As a paralegal, you can complete various tasks that are necessary to support litigators. These tasks may include identifying, collecting, producing, preserving, and managing the discovery of relevant information. With a growing demand for professionals who are trained in the management of electronically stored information, our program is an excellent choice for acquiring this special training.
In today’s legal practice, a large amount of law office-related materials are stored in an electronic format. The practice of law is as old as our nation, but it must continue to grow and evolve as technology does. That is why Liberty offers a specialization in e-discovery – to prepare you for scenarios you will face professionally. Litigation technology professionals are an asset to law firms looking to stay on the cutting edge of the field.
Successful electronic evidence gathering and data management can make a huge difference in the time it takes to accomplish a variety of legal tasks. While electronic discovery has not yet entirely replaced the discovery of paper documents and evidence, it has greatly enhanced it and is becoming more prevalent. Our paralegal studies e-discovery degree program can prepare you for this new and exciting field.
Median Annual Pay
Projected Job Growth
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Paralegals and Legal Assistants (viewed online Oct. 3, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Paralegal Studies in E-Discovery Degree?
Liberty University offers a 100% online paralegal studies program with a specialization in e-discovery to help equip you for a new career path in an exciting and fast-paced area. All of our courses include the integration of a biblical worldview. A standard of excellence is expected – and in keeping with our mission to Train Champions for Christ, academic rigor is maintained. That way, you can prepare to tackle future job tasks with excellence and serve the Lord through your work.
The professors who teach this degree program’s courses have high level degrees with unimpeachable credentials to match, so you can feel confident in the quality of education that you’ll receive. By learning from our cadre of legal experts, you can become a paralegal who understands the responsibilities and moral obligations that come with working in a law office.
At Liberty, we believe that law is concerned with protecting the lives and property of people – and we train our students to model Christ through their work. By completing a BS in Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery, you can become equipped to be at the forefront of a rapidly growing field and utilize biblical ethics in your work.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Paralegal Studies in E-Discovery Degree?
When you take Liberty’s paralegal courses online, you can enhance your understanding of paralegal responsibilities through the comprehensive study of comparative legal systems. Our program of study addresses professional responsibility and ethics as minimal legal standards. You can acquire skills in scholarship, research, and communication that are fundamental to the successful development and application of paralegal policies and practices.
We teach our paralegal students to:
- Apply Christian worldview principles to management responsibilities
- Apply e-discovery practices to document collection and cataloging
- Articulate data management methods governed by e-discovery guidelines and the laws and legal context impacting the collection and use of digital evidence
- Define e-discovery case management procedures as they apply to law office practices
- Describe the impact of e-discovery on the legal system and practice of law, the tools necessary to support e-discovery case management responsibilities effectively, confidentiality responsibilities as applied to e-discovery case management, the relationship between e-discovery and digital forensics, and the different types of digital evidence
- Explain e-discovery methods within the context of civil and criminal practice, logistics associated with e-discovery and data management, and how forensics is used in the e-discovery process
- Identify best e-discovery practices for the collection and storage of e-discovery materials
You can also learn how to apply these skills to your legal career and solve current problems in the field. Every course addresses a biblical worldview within the context of legal requirements. Multiple assignments assess understanding and mastery of ethical principles in the legal marketplace.
- PLST 210 – Introduction to E-Discovery
- PLST 215 – Data Management and E-Discovery
- PLST 310 – Case Management and Ethical Considerations
- PLST 315 – Digital Forensics and the Legal Implications
Highlights of Our Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can gain skills that may give you a leg up over the competition for job positions.
- You can offer a law firm expertise in a new and growing area.
Paralegal Degree Online Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s in Paralegal Studies
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery Graduates
A bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies with a specialization in e-discovery can give you the unique skills employers seek. There are many different positions that you can apply for, such as:
- Data manager
- Discovery specialist
- Legal assistant
- Legal secretary
- Title examiner
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.