Liberty University Intensives
Off-Campus Week-Long Package (Dinner Included)
If you enroll in a 5-day format (Monday – Friday) intensive course in Lynchburg, Va., you will have the opportunity to package the cost of the hotel, daily transportation to and from class, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner through the Kirkley Hotel and Conference Center as one fee that will be applied directly to your student account. Our convenient off-campus week-long intensive package allows you to apply your financial aid toward this fee in order to minimize out-of-pocket expenses!
It is also the student’s responsibility to arrange transportation (i.e. flight, bus, train, etc.) to Lynchburg, Va. for your intensive course. Students can contact LU Transportation to request airport pick up and drop off for an additional fee.
While you are on campus for your intensive, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any needs.
Important Information about Your Off-Campus Intensive Package
Students who choose to participate in our off-campus week-long intensive package will be assessed the regular tuition cost per credit hour as well as an intensive fee of $799.
Included in this fee are the following accommodations and amenities:
- You will be provided with a hotel room Sunday through Thursday night in addition to Wi-Fi in the hotel and on campus. Parking, gratuities, food tax, and service fees will also be covered.
- Upon arrival, the hotel will run a credit card for any incidentals outside of what is included in the intensive fee package. Please note that this is hotel protocol and most hotels have this policy as a means of precaution.
- You will be given a meal card during check-in at the hotel that will serve as your meal pass for your stay. Please ensure this is with you at all times as well as your Flames Pass.
- Breakfast – Provided Monday – Friday by the hotel beginning at 6:30 a.m.
- Lunch – Provided Monday – Friday on campus through LU Dining Services*
- Dinner – Provided Monday – Thursday at the hotel and served 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
For more about Kirkley Hotel dinner options, please click here.
How We Prepare for Your Stay
- Liberty University will be responsible for booking hotel accommodations for you.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the hotel regarding your accommodations before arrival in Lynchburg, Va. Included in this email will be information on shuttle service provided by the hotel. Please pay close attention to these details. If the student has not received a confirmation email before departure, he or she will need to contact Academic Advising.
Please note: This does not include room service or meals outside of hotel/package. Please be advised that food prepared and served may contain allergens. If you have a specific food allergy, please make our staff aware so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs.
The hotel will provide shuttle services to and from the Lynchburg Regional Airport, bus station, and train station as well as transportation to and from campus.
- Upon arrival in Lynchburg, the student will call the hotel at (434) 237-6333 and arrange pick-up.
- Students are able to board any GLTC bus in Lynchburg with their Flames Pass. For more information about bus routes and schedules, call (434) 455-5080 or visit the GLTC Website.
Directions to the closest bus stop from the Kirkley Hotel:
1.) If staying at the Kirkley Hotel, walk to the corner of Candlers Mountain Road and Wards Road.
2.) Turn left on Woodall Rd out of the hotel parking lot then turn right on Candlers Mountain Road.
3.) Go straight to the corner of Candlers Mountain Road and Wards Road.
4.) Turn right on Wards Road and you will find the bus stop just past walking over the bridge (near Koto Japanese Restaurant).
Please Note: Any locations outside of the aforementioned services will be the student’s responsibility.
Please keep in mind that the below cancellation policy applies to all Intensive Housing Packages regardless if you are enrolled, drop, or withdraw from the intensive course. Dropping or withdrawing from the course is separate from cancelling the intensive housing package. The below is important information on your potential financial obligations.
Cancellations before or on
Cancellations on or after
The student will not be liable
Student liable for $250
Student liable for the entirety
For information regarding a withdrawal from an intensive course and how this will affect tuition, please contact an advisor by calling (800) 424-9596.
Can my family stay with me?
- Yes. You will need to notify the hotel of this request after receiving the reservation confirmation email. An additional fee will be assessed. Each extra individual aged 7 or older will be charged an extra $10/night for breakfast and amenities. King rooms allow for 2 occupants. Double rooms allow for 4 occupants.
Can my family participate in meals?
- Family members will be able to participate in dinners for $15/adult or $8/child. This fee will be assessed upon check-in.
Am I able to book extra nights at the hotel?
- Yes. Students can make arrangements with the hotel no earlier than 14 days prior to their intensive course start date if they are in need of staying extra nights before or after their included intensive stay. The hotel is willing to honor the intensive rate for a night before or after their intensive stay.
Will childcare be provided?
- No. Childcare will not be available at the intensive site or the hotel.
This opportunity is subject to availability per week. If you have questions or concerns regarding the off-campus week-long intensive package, please contact Academic Advising at (800) 424-9596. Liberty University reserves the right to reject requests for hotel reservations. Additionally, any behavior that is a disturbance or inconsistent with the law and/or Liberty’s conduct codes (requires login) can be cause for rejecting requests for room reservations.