Make Wellness and Fitness Goals Attainable with a Master of Science in Human Performance – Nutrition
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance – Nutrition is a great option for students who are passionate about health and wellness and want to dig into the science of athletic performance. If you are interested in a career in the field of health, wellness, or exercise science with a convenient online format and minimal on-campus requirements, then our human performance degree is an excellent fit for you.
Liberty’s human performance online program will give you the opportunity to further your knowledge in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods while specializing in the theory and practice of developing highly-effective nutritional programs for advanced athletes and health services clients.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online M.S. in Human Performance – Nutrition Program?
Our Master of Science in Human Performance is an advanced exercise science degree that is designed to broaden your understanding of health, wellness, and performance in a variety of client populations. This program will give you the opportunity to further your knowledge in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods while specializing in nutritional programs that benefit both high-performance athletes and clients looking for better, healthier living.
Our M.S. in Human Performance degree is offered online with 2 required intensives that give you the opportunity to visit our beautiful campus in central Virginia. During your on-campus intensives, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art human performance labs and work with experienced professionals who are passionate about helping you excel in the field of exercise science. You will then have the option of either demonstrating your academic expertise through a thesis project or gaining marketable hands-on experience through an internship to finish your degree and prepare you to succeed in the field of exercise science.
What Will You Learn in Our Online M.S. in Human Performance – Nutrition Program?
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance degree provides a core of essential exercise science training with an emphasis on advanced athletic training techniques. Throughout the program, you will study the biology of physiological adaptations, different forms of training, and how to utilize high-accuracy tools and statistical models to analyze and interpret training data to improve training methods. You will have the opportunity to develop expertise in applying evidence-based training techniques and nutritional plans for rehabilitation and higher performance.
By pursuing the nutrition specialization of the online M.S. in Human Performance, you will learn how specialized nutritional strategies can enhance the effectiveness of athletes, as well as improve the lives of the public. You will learn about the policies and regulations of the food industry and best practices for preventing illnesses, as well as the nature of chronic diseases.
- HLTH 640 – Principles of Nutrition
- HLTH 642 – Food-borne Illness Prevention
- HLTH 643 – Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- HLTH 644 – Diabetes, Obesity, and Eating Disorders
Program Highlights of the Online M.S. in Human Performance Degree
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.S. in Human Performance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in exercise science from across the country.
- You can complete the M.S. in Human Performance – Nutrition degree program in as little as 2 years.
- Our 8-week online classes have no set log in times, so you can do your coursework at any time of the day.
Online MS in Human Performance Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- 35-hour internship or thesis option.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Online Nutrition Degree
This online graduate program helps to prepare students to work in occupations including:
- Nutrition and exercise specialist
- Healthcare specialist
- Medical fitness specialist
- Wellness coach
- Corporate, university, commercial, or resort fitness trainer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Human Performance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.