Make Health Goals Attainable with a Master of Science in Human Performance – Nutrition
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance – Nutrition is a great option for students who are passionate about health and wellness and want to dig into the science of athletic performance. If you are interested in a career in the field of health, wellness, or exercise science with a convenient online format and minimal on-campus requirements, then our human performance degree is an excellent fit for you. Liberty’s Human Performance online program will give you the opportunity to further your knowledge in the core areas of exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods while specializing in the theory and practice of developing highly-effective nutritional programs for advanced athletes and health services clients.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MS in Human Performance – Nutrition Program?
Our Master of Science in Human Performance is an advanced exercise science degree that is designed to broaden your understanding of health, wellness, and performance in a variety of client populations. This program will give you the opportunity to further your knowledge in the core areas of exercise science, including exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods while specializing in nutritional programs which benefit both high-performance athletes and clients looking for better, healthier living.
Our M.S. in Human Performance degree is offered online with two required intensives that will give you the opportunity to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, VA. During your on-campus intensives, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art human performance labs from experienced professionals who are passionate about helping you excel in the field of exercise science. You will then have the option of either demonstrating your academic expertise through a thesis project or gaining marketable hands-on experience through an internship to finish your degree and prepare you to succeed in the field of exercise science.
What Will You Learn in Our Online MS in Human Performance – Nutrition Program?
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance degree provides a core of essential exercise science skills with an emphasis on advanced athletic training techniques. Throughout the program, you will study the biology of physiological adaptations, different forms of training, and how to utilize high-accuracy tools and statistical models to analyze and interpret training data to improve training methods. You will have the opportunity to develop expertise in applying evidence-based training techniques and nutritional plans for rehabilitation and higher performance.
By pursuing our nutrition specialization of the online MS in Human Performance, you will learn essential principles of nutrition and how specialized nutritional strategies can enhance the effectiveness of athletes, as well as improve the lives of the public. You will learn about the policies and regulations of the food industry and best practices for preventing illnesses, as well as the nature of chronic diseases.
Program Highlights of the Online MS in Human Performance Degree
- By earning your MS in Human Performance online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in exercise science from across the country.
- Students can complete the MS in Human Performance – Nutrition degree program in as little as two years.
- Our eight-week online classes have no set log in times, so you can do your coursework at any time of the day.
Similar Online Programs
Online MS in Human Performance Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- This degree is online with required intensives.
- 35-hour internship or thesis option.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- View the online course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online MS in Human Performance – Nutrition Degree
This online graduate program helps to prepare students to work in occupations including:
- Nutrition and exercise specialist
- Healthcare specialist
- Medical fitness specialist
- Wellness coach
- Corporate, university, commercial, or resort fitness trainer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Human Performance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.