Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences for Your Online Associate Degree?
Do you want to get started in a field that is growing rapidly? Take a practical step toward a rewarding career with a medical office assistant degree from our School of Health Sciences!
Throughout the online Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Medical Office Assistant, you will learn the health concepts, procedures, and terminology needed in the health field. You can complete this degree 100% online, which allows you to study in the comfort of your own home or office without having to take a break from work, interrupt your family life, or disturb your church activities.
As a Christian university, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill this mission by equipping you with quality training for your career rooted in a biblical foundation. With Liberty, you can study under Christian professors and learn how to serve God through your service to others!
The employment of medical healthcare assistants is expected to grow by 29% over the next 10 years, which is much higher than average. With the aging population in the United States, health services experts expect to add more healthcare jobs than any other occupation within this time frame.*
If you have a desire to help people in this growing field, then apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Healthcare occupations: medical assistants, 2019 (viewed online July 30, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Launch Your Career in the Medical Field with an Associate Degree
The School of Health Sciences offers an AAS in Medical Office Assistant that provides the training you need to be successful in a medical office administration career. Take a look at the following courses to find out more about what you’ll learn in the program:
Medical Office Systems and Procedures – Prepares you for all the administrative tasks relevant to operating and supervising a medical office of health professionals
Medical Office Billing and Bookkeeping – Provides you with up-to-date information on best practices for patient billing and bookkeeping for a medical office
Medical Office Coding – Helps you learn medical procedural and diagnostic coding skills
Medical Terminology – Provides you with a basic understanding of medical terms and abbreviations
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Associate Degrees
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our Associate of Applied Science – Medical Office Assistant has an optional externship that will allow you to sit for the Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS) exam!
- Our degrees are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Associate Degree Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training