When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

External Aid Processing

The Student Financial Services Office processes several different forms of external aid for both Online and Residential students. We do not approve or deny any form of external aid, but will process what has already been approved by a donor/funds provider.

Form for External Aid Processing

For instructions on how to have your external aid added to your student account, please review and complete (if necessary) the External Aid Form for the applicable award year.

Types of external funding processed at Liberty:

Outside scholarships

Outside scholarships are recorded as an educational funding resource and count as financial aid. Some donors will require an application or information from the University for the award. They may also require that the aid pay only towards tuition, room and board, or any combination of charges. View the Outside Scholarship Processing Guidelines.

Standard Corporate Tuition Assistance

Standard Corporate Tuition Assistance is when an employer pays Liberty University directly for classes during the semester. Students should contact their employer or their Human Resource department to receive approval for corporate tuition assistance. If approved, students will receive a signed “Letter of Credit” that needs to be sent to the Financial Aid Office for processing. Please visit your ASIST account for instructions on sending your documentation to the Financial Aid Office. An employer is expected to do the following:

  • Pay within 45 days of being invoiced – invoices are sent after the add/drop period of each sub-term
  • Pay no matter the student’s final performance in the course
  • Specify if the funds are for tuition and/or fees

*If the employer pays the student directly, it is considered Deferred Corporate Tuition Assistance.

529 and Pre-paid Educational Plans

529 and pre-paid educational plans are funds set aside by families meant to assist with the cost of college tuition and required fees. Once documentation has been received and funding confirmed, a temporary projection will be placed on the student’s account for use in Financial Check-In.

Florida 529 and Virginia 529 submit a roster each semester for eligible students. Be sure to communicate with your provider to ensure the student is present on the roster. Please note that  Florida 529 and Virginia 529 may also submit an official award letter to Liberty University’s Financial Aid Office to have a projection of the funding placed onto the student’s account. This is an estimated projection, and the amount could change once the official roster is received.


AmeriCorps requires the student submit an award notification to the AmeriCorps online system. The award notification will automatically be sent to the Student Financial Services Office and will then be projected on the student account for Financial Check-In. It should be noted that Liberty University only processes “Educational Awards for Educational Expenses” and does not approve “Forbearance Requests. ” For more information on AmeriCorps, please consult their website: nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Vocational rehabilitation may be available for students with a disability to assist in paying for school. Please contact your state/local agency to determine if you are eligible. The Student Financial Services Office will complete Needs Analysis forms as needed; however, awards cannot be projected to a student’s account until an official authorization form is received from their respective counselor. Billings are mailed to state offices after the drop/add period, and the aid will show as paid in ASIST once payment is received.

Workforce (TAA/WIOA programs)

Workforce may be available for students who are displaced workers or unemployed. Students should contact their local One Stop office. The Student Financial Services Office will complete your Degree Program forms as needed; however, awards cannot be projected to a student’s account until a contract or authorization form has been received. Billings are mailed at the beginning of each semester, and the aid will show as paid in ASIST once payment is received.