Foster a Safe Community and Administer Justice with a Master of Science in Public Safety – Criminal Justice
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you have a desire to protect the public from harm? With a Master of Science (MS) in Public Safety – Criminal Justice, you can become better prepared to manage resources and people to ensure public safety. This is a robust and comprehensive program that is designed to help you apply principles of public safety management to criminal justice organizations. Our public safety masters degree is also designed to help you grasp the dynamic nature of public safety and identify trends that impact public safety forces across the nation.
So don’t wait any longer. You want to make a difference in your community. We want to partner with you as you take the next step in your criminal justice career. Earn your public safety degree at Liberty University and prepare to lead with excellence in your organization or agency.
Why Choose Liberty’s Public Safety and Criminal Justice Management Degree?
As you pursue your public safety degree at Liberty, we know that quality is important. Our program is taught by professors who have years of experience in fields related to criminal justice and public safety administration. Additionally, our faculty have terminal degrees in related areas of study, so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Liberty University is also accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). What does that mean for you? Our regional accreditation means you are receiving an online education that meets the same rigorous standards as our residential programs. With an online safety administration degree from Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Safety Administration Degree
In our public safety and security degree, you will begin your studies with core courses in topics such as the fundamentals of public safety administration, management of public sector organizations, disaster management, and crisis and trauma response for first responders. Then, you will delve into your criminal justice specialization. In this specialization, you will take courses that are focused on topics like criminal justice administration, leadership, ethics, and policing.
Throughout your degree, you can gain skills that are integral to criminal justice administration. Your professors will discuss different methods of integrating your criminal justice knowledge into practical situations so that you can turn your knowledge into wisdom.
Check out some of our public safety courses online below:
- CJUS 520 – Administration of Justice Organizations
- CJUS 530 – Human Resources Management in Criminal Justice Organizations
- CJUS 536 – Perspectives in Law Enforcement Leadership
- CJUS 610 – Leadership, Ethics, and Policing
Highlights of Our Public Safety Administration Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online public safety degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in public safety and criminal justice from across the country.
Criminal Justice and Public Safety Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Public Safety and Criminal Justice Administration Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our MS in Public Safety – Criminal Justice, you may be better qualified to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Federal agent
- Intelligence analyst
- Policy analyst
- Public policy writer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Public Safety
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.