Take Your First Steps Towards a Career in Public Administration with Liberty’s M.A.P.P. Online Degree!
Have you ever wanted to pursue a career in public policy or work within the government? Are you looking to expand your current knowledge in public service? Liberty University’s master’s in public policy – public administration will set you on a career path that will prepare you for placement opportunities in various public service roles. Whether you are interested in working for a nonprofit, consulting firm, or international organization, our Master of Public Policy in Public Administration degree will set you up for success!
With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will also have the opportunity to study political strategies and public policy analytics in detail. At Liberty University, we have created our M.A.P.P. degree with your success in mind. The master’s of public policy in public administration was created as a joint effort by the Liberty University School of Law and Helms School of Government to give students a unique experience to shape policy in governmental, legislative, and political areas. This program is designed to be completed in less than two years and is completely online, so you can continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.A.P.P. Public Administration Degree?
Graduates of Liberty’s Master of Arts in Public Policy online degree are destined to change the world. Our public administration area of study is designed to help integrate your faith with your career in policy-making and public administration. At Liberty University, we strive to demonstrate Christ-like characteristics and ultimately use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world.
Whether you want to serve at the local, state, national, or international level, the M.A.P.P. in Public Administration degree will provide the training you need to in all areas of public administration so you can rise to the level of public official, scholar, or policymaker as you prepare to lead today’s world.
What Will You Learn in the Online M.A. in Public Policy – Public Administration?
As a student studying in the public administration degree program, you will explore the legal, political, legislative, and judicial systems in American law and policies. Through collaboration and discussion with professors and peers, you will develop expertise in the politics and operation of public administration as well as gain an understanding of regulations, government bodies, and practices in the field of public service.
As a Christian university, we strive to provide you with a solid biblical foundation through every one of your courses. Each of your courses is taught from a biblical worldview which will allow you to investigate the Christian approach to situations you may face in the world of public administration. You will learn from professors who have experience as statesmen, leaders, and policymakers as they guide you towards a more successful career in public service.
Highlights of Our M.A.P.P. Online Degree
- By earning your master’s of public policy degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for our M.A.P.P. online degree program has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have the opportunity to network with future leaders in public policy and administration from around the country!
M.A.P.P. Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- You will have the option to complete a Thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
- Deputy City Manager / City Manager
- County administrator
- Legislative aide
- Political analyst
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.