Help Craft Effective Governance with Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Public Policy – Policy Studies
While many people may be interested in improving their community and country, your interest in the policies that dictate improvements take this ambition to the next level. By earning a Master of Arts in Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) from Liberty University, you can gain advanced training in developing and molding public policy. Our M.A.P.P. online degree program with a specialization in policy studies will challenge you with interesting coursework in topics like public policy, economics, and statistics.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s in Public Policy – Policy Studies Degree Online?
Liberty University is committed to Training Champions for Christ. All of our courses are taught through the lens of a biblical worldview, which equips future policymakers to view their careers and responsibilities with integrity and commitment. Our professors are policy experts and have spent years diving into the rich course material they teach.
We are committed to providing you with a quality education and academic excellence. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our master’s in public policy studies degree program is offered 100% online, providing you with the convenience of earning a reputable degree from the comfort of home.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Public Policy – Policy Studies?
Throughout our M.A.P.P. degree, you will learn how to find the underlying cause of some of the biggest policy questions, problems, concerns, and expiring legislation facing us today. Our policy studies specialization features challenging and interesting course material covering political ideologies, economics, political policy, geopolitics, American governance, and domestic and foreign policy.
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
- PPOG 503 – Political Philosophy
- PPOG 530 – Domestic Policy
- PPOG 540 – Foreign Policy
Highlights of the Master of Arts in Public Policy Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.A. in Public Policy degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the master’s in public policy degree online in as little as 1.5 years.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts –$275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Degree in Public Policy?
Upon completion of our master’s in public policy degree online, graduates may wish to pursue careers that utilize their expertise in policymaking. Graduates of our public policy degree can pursue various positions in local, state, and federal government offices. Students with a policy studies degree would also be valuable assets in lobbying firms to advocate for important issues.
Some potential careers for our graduates include:
- Communications specialist
- Development assistant
- Director of government relations
- Public relations specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.