Help Craft Effective Governance with Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Public Policy – Policy Studies
Most people take an interest in making improvements in their community and country, but those interested in the policies that dictate improvements take this ambition to the next level. By earning a Master of Arts in Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) from Liberty University, you will be provided with advanced training in developing and molding public policy. Our M.A.P.P. online degree program, with a specialization in policy studies, will challenge you with interesting coursework on detailed public policy, economics, and statistics, along with other foundational public policy courses and content.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s in Public Policy – Policy Studies Degree Online?
Liberty University is committed to Training Champions for Christ. All of our courses are taught through the lens of a biblical worldview, which equips future policymakers to view their careers and responsibilities with integrity and commitment. Our professors are policy experts and have spent years diving into the rich course material they teach.
We are committed to providing you with a quality education and academic excellence. Our master’s in public policy studies degree program is offered 100% online, providing you with the convenience of earning a reputable degree from the comfort of your home. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Public Policy – Policy Studies?
Throughout our M.A.P.P. degree, you will learn how to find the underlying cause of some of the biggest questions, problems, concerns, and expiring legislation facing us today. Our policy studies specialization features challenging and interesting course material covering political ideologies, economics, political policy, geopolitics, American governance, and domestic and foreign policy.
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
- PPOG 503 – Political Philosophy
- PPOG 530 – Domestic Policy
- PPOG 540 – Foreign Policy
Highlights of the Master of Arts in Public Policy Program
- By earning your Master of Arts in Public Policy – Policy Studies degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the master’s in public policy degree online in as little as two years.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Government Course Syllabi. (login required)
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Degree in Public Policy?
Upon completion of our master’s in public policy degree online, graduates may wish to pursue careers that utilize their expertise in policymaking. Graduates of our public policy degree can pursue various positions in local, state, and federal government offices. Students with a policy studies degree would be valuable assets to lobbying firms to advocate for important issues. Some of the potential careers for our graduates include:
- Communications Specialist
- Development Assistant
- Director of Government Relations
- Public Relations Specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.