Lead the Charge in Changing Public Policy by Earning an Online Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) – Leadership
Public policy degree programs can prepare you for a wide range of administrative and detail-oriented positions like city manager, policy director, public policy analyst, and even law enforcement positions. Public policy degrees are usually multidisciplinary, which means graduates feel better prepared to enter their career field of choice with a comprehensive background of training.
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy – Leadership can prepare you for a career in public service where you can make a difference in shaping public policy. Future contributors to public policy should consider pursuing our online MAPP – Leadership degree to prepare for tomorrow’s challenges.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s in Public Policy – Leadership Degree Online?
Liberty University is committed to Training Champions for Christ. All of our courses are taught through the lens of a biblical worldview, which equips future policymakers to view their careers and responsibilities with integrity and commitment. Our professors are policy experts and have spent years diving into the rich course material they teach.
We are committed to providing you with a quality education and academic excellence. Our master’s in public policy – leadership degree program is offered 100% online, providing you with the convenience of earning an accredited degree in the comfort of your home. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Public Policy Online Degree?
Throughout our MAPP degree, you can learn how to find the underlying cause of some of the biggest questions, problems, concerns, and expiring legislation facing us today. Our specialization in leadership features challenging and interesting course material covering presidential, legislative, and local & state leadership policy governance. You will graduate feeling equipped to take on leadership roles with public policy all the way from Main St. to Washington D.C.
- PPOG 624 – Presidential Leadership
- PPOG 625 – Legislative Leadership
- PPOG 626 – State and Local Leadership
Highlights of the Master of Arts in Public Policy Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Public Policy degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Full-time students can complete the master’s in public policy degree online in less than 2 years.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master of Arts in Public Policy Degree
Upon completion of our master’s in public policy degree online, graduates may wish to pursue careers in local, state, and federal government offices. Students with a public policy degree also would be valuable assets in lobbying firms to advocate for important issues.
- Foundation manager
- Policy advisor/ director
- Sustainability coordinator
Admission Requirements for Our Online MA in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.