Increase Your Global Influence by Earning a Public Policy Degree in International Affairs
Have you ever wanted to pursue a career in international relations or work with the U.S. government? Are you looking to expand your current knowledge in international affairs? Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) in International Affairs can prepare you for an exciting career in international relations. Whether you are interested in working for a domestic or international organization, our online international relations-focused master’s degree will set you up for success! With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will study the changing worlds of foreign policies, international government, and strategic intelligence.
The online international relations master’s degree was created as a joint effort by the Liberty University School of Law and Helms School of Government to give students a unique experience to shape policy in governmental, legislative, and political areas. Designed to be completed in less than 2 years, our program will allow you to continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s International Affairs Degree?
Are you looking for an exciting career that will help you influence the world? Liberty University’s online international relations master’s degree has been designed to help integrate biblical principles into your professional life.
At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. The master’s in international affairs degree was created to train Christ-centered scholars and policymakers to be leaders of today’s world.
What Will You Learn in the M.A. in Public Policy — International Affairs?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy degree is designed to provide education in both law and government relating to public policy. This dual focus allows for the optimum educational experience as you study subjects related to public policy. You will be learning relevant concepts from professors with experience as statesmen, leaders, and policymakers. They will guide you towards a more successful career and a Christ-centered approach to public policy.
With courses providing insight on laws within specific geographic zones and international policies, you will be expanding your opportunities around the world. Learning to understand the delicate nature of international affairs also includes studies in economics and an understanding of American public policy. Your thesis at the conclusion of this degree program will allow you to reflect on your understanding of the complexities of international affairs and public policy.
Through each course, a biblical worldview will be integrated into lessons on public policy for applying a model of Christian statesmanship to the public policy context. Incorporating Christianity into the classroom means that you will be able to grow spiritually as you are taught how to combine your faith with your future career by someone who has experience in the field.
- PPOG 502 – Economics and Public Policy
- PPOG 640 – Middle East Law and Policy
- PPOL 650 – International Law, Policy and Politics
Highlights of Our Online International Affairs Master’s Program
Highlights of Our Online International Affairs Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MAPP in International Affairs degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- BestMastersDegrees.com ranked this program in the Top 5 in their 2019 Best Master’s in Public Policy Degrees Online list.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Program Information for the Master’s in International Affairs
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
The master’s in public policy in international affairs can equip you with the necessary skills to build a career that focuses on applying ethics to management practices in an international setting. Potential career options include:
- Foreign affairs specialist
- Government advisor
- International businessperson
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.