Open the Door to Changing the World with an Online Master of Arts in Public Policy – General Track
Do you enjoy politics, economics, research and making a difference in your community? Then a Master’s Degree in Public Policy might be the degree program for you! Liberty University Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) online degree provides the opportunity to study a wide variety of public policy and governance subject areas while allowing flexibility to specialize your degree program with courses that interest you. By earning a Master’s degree in Public Policy from Liberty University, you will be provided with advanced training in developing and molding public policy at the local, state and national levels.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s in Public Policy Degree Online?
Liberty University is committed to Training Champions for Christ. All of our courses are taught through the lens of a biblical worldview, which equips future policymakers to view their careers and responsibilities with integrity and commitment. Our professors are policy experts and have spent years diving into the rich course material they teach.
We are committed to providing you with a quality education and academic excellence. Our Master’s in Public Policy degree program is offered 100% online, providing you with the convenience of earning a quality degree in the comfort of your home.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Public Policy Online Degree?
Throughout our MAPP degree, you will learn how to find the underlying cause of some of the biggest questions, problems, concerns, and expiring legislation facing us today. You will study core public policy courses covering economics, political policy, geopolitics, and American governance, and more. You will have the opportunity to add elective courses as well as complete an optional thesis and thesis defense, which is ideal for future doctoral students or writers wishing to publicize their work.
Highlights of the Master of Arts in Public Policy Program
- By earning your Master’s in Public Policy degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Full-time students can complete the Master of Arts in Public Policy degree online in as less than two years.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a Thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online MA in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Degree in Public Policy?
Upon completion of our Master’s in Public Policy degree online, graduates may wish to pursue careers that utilize their expertise in policymaking. Graduates of our public policy degree can pursue various positions in the local, state, and federal government offices. Students with a public policy degree also would be valuable assets to lobbying firms to advocate for important issues.
- Public Relations Specialist
- Public Interest/Advocate Groups
Admission Requirements for Our Online MA in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.