Expand Your Global Influence with a Master’s in Public Policy – Chinese Affairs Degree Online!
The rise of China as a global influence has many ramifications for American public policy. Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) in Chinese Affairs can help set you on a career path that involves working to understand China’s global presence, ambitions, and the threat they may pose to the free world. This Chinese affairs degree can help prepare you to work in several areas of government that deal with public policy, national security, or a related field.
Whether you are interested in working for a domestic or international organization, our degree in Chinese political affairs can help you succeed! With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will also study how to best develop and apply policies and practices that are relevant to China.
The master of Chinese economic and political affairs degree was launched to answer the call for dedicated coursework related to the impact of China’s ambitions and actions on American interests and global politics. Our MAPP is designed to be completed in as little as 1.5 years and is offered completely online, so you can continue to work while going to college. If you’re looking for an online Chinese political affairs master’s, this graduate degree program may be for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Chinese Affairs and Public Policy Degree?
If you are looking for a degree that can help you influence the world, Liberty University’s master’s in Chinese affairs has been designed to help you understand governmental responsibilities and how best to implement and execute policies that are in the national and global best interests. At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world.
Whether you want to serve at the local, national, or international level, our Chinese affairs degree can help train you to become a Christ-centered scholar, policymaker, and leader in today’s world. Have you ever watched a news story and come away with the desire to help our nation make better decisions and work toward a brighter future? If so, this Master of Arts in Public Policy may be the catalyst you need to create meaningful change.
What Will You Learn in the Public Policy Master’s Program – International Chinese Affairs?
As a student in the MA in Public Policy – Chinese Affairs degree program, you will explore the political and ideological landscape of China and its impact on government policy. Our courses can teach you to analyze the legal, political, legislative, and judicial systems that exist in China as you are introduced to the country’s political worldview. Learning about the history of politics in China will also add to your understanding of the current Chinese government.
Your classes will allow you to collaborate and discuss Chinese policy with professors and peers. In addition, you can learn how to craft policy that will not only benefit our nation but also protect the interests of our allies and the free enterprise system.
As a Christian university, we strive to provide you with a solid biblical foundation through every one of your courses. Each of your courses is taught from a biblical worldview, allowing you to investigate the Christian approach to situations you may face when dealing with Chinese political affairs.
- PPOG 502 – Economics and Public Policy
- PPOG 506 – Introduction to Geopolitics and International Diplomacy
- PPOG 665 – Chinese Politics*
- PPOG 667 – Chinese Foreign Policy*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Chinese Affairs
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Public Policy degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete your online master’s degree in international Chinese affairs in as little as 1.5 years.
- Students in our MA in Public Policy in Chinese Affairs can benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from across the country.
MA in Public Policy Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses.
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Public Policy Master’s Graduates
- Defense industry professional
- Federal government employee
- Intelligence professional
- International business or finance consultant
- Lobbyist/advocacy professional
- Local, state, or federal government representative
- Military strategist
- Policy writer/journalist
- Public relations professional
- Researcher on China or East Asia
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Public Policy in Chinese Affairs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.