Serve as a Christian Public Leader with a Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Degree Online
Our leaders in government are the ones responsible for shaping the course of America’s future. If you are up for the task and wish to take the next step towards being a part of this profession, Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management degree online is for you. This program is offered in a 100% online format, allowing you to pursue your degree toward a future in public service without the burden of traveling to on-campus classes. Liberty’s master’s in public administration with a focus in public and nonprofit management degree online will prepare you for the unique leadership and administrative challenges that face public sector and nonprofit professionals.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Public and Nonprofit Management?
The MPA is a natural progression in our efforts to provide a comprehensive approach to preparing students to serve in government and related capabilities, particularly in management and leadership roles. We seek to produce goal-oriented individuals equipped with foundational biblical principles to serve national and international interests best. In studying public administration, you can learn a practical approach to the study of government and politics.
Our master’s in public administration – public and nonprofit management degree online is meant to prepare you for a career in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels. Graduates of the Master of Public Administration in Public and Nonprofit Management degree online will gain a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences impacting the leadership of public and nonprofit organizations. Students are challenged to see how various political and financial factors influence the policy analysis and implementation process. In all of this, students are challenged to operate as Christian statesmen and women to impact their generation and generations to come for the glory of God.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Public Administration-Public and Nonprofit Management Degree Online
Students enrolled in our Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Public and Nonprofit Management degree online will study under a curriculum which produces critical thinking in light of a biblical perspective. Establishing a foundation in strategies and best practices for directing and managing public and nonprofit organizations will be advanced in explorations in recognizing and evaluating how to meet public needs. Students engaged in our MPA online degree program will learn the tools and techniques crucial for maintaining good rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders.
Critical analysis of strong and weak economic times will assist in learning how to attract business and assist in bolstering the economy. You will also receive training on the financial side of public or nonprofit management, exploring its relationship with political and economic factors so you can be prepared to better protect your agency.
Students have the choice to either complete a thesis or substitute six hours of electives to complete their program. If you choose the thesis route, you will have the opportunity to exercise practical applications of your gained knowledge. This unique experience encourages mastery of the topic explored to evaluate weakness in the public administration field, creating a project which produces solutions.
Public Administration Degree Featured Courses
- BMAL 501 – Strategic Leadership & Management
- PADM 530 – Community Economic Development
- PADM 600 – Politics & Policy of Public Sector Building
- PADM 610 – Management of Public Sector Organizations
Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Program Format and Information
- 100% online
- 36 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred to Liberty if approved
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options
After graduating with a Master of Public Administration in Public and Nonprofit Management online degree, you will have the ability to pursue possible career opportunities as a:
- Administrative Officer
- Compliance or Loss Prevention Manager
- Policy Specialist
- Social and Community Service Manager
Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Online Degree Highlights
- By earning your master’s in public administration – public and nonprofit management degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Master of Public Administration in Public and Nonprofit Management degree online has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MPA online degree program in less than two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Public Policy – The Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through this program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
- Master of Business Administration – Our Master of Business Administration is an ACBSP accredited online program. This program is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each specialization within the program is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in the business world.
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Executive Leadership is designed to prepare you to excel as a business professional in a variety of management positions. Pursuing this degree will enhance your opportunities for career advancement and will strengthen your critical thinking skills through challenging real-world assignments.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate MPA Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required