Make an Impact Locally and Nationally with an Online Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management
Our leaders in government are the ones responsible for shaping the course of America’s future. If you are up for the task and wish to take the next step towards being a part of this profession, Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management is for you. This program is offered in a 100% online format, allowing you to pursue your future in public service without the burden of traveling to on-campus classes.
Liberty’s master’s in public administration with a focus in public and nonprofit management will prepare you for the unique leadership and administrative challenges that face public sector and nonprofit professionals.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Public and Nonprofit Management?
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) provides a comprehensive approach to preparing you to serve in government and related capabilities, particularly in management and leadership roles. By studying public administration, you can gain a practical approach to the study of government and politics. We seek to produce goal-oriented individuals equipped with foundational biblical principles who can serve our national and international interests best.
Our master’s in public administration – public and nonprofit management degree online can prepare you for a career in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels. Our MPA graduates gain a solid understanding of the philosophical influences impacting the leadership of public and nonprofit organizations.
Challenge how you see various political and financial factors that influence the policy analysis and implementation process. Within this program, you will learn how to operate as an effective public servant who is ready to impact generations to come.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Online
In this program, you will gain a foundational knowledge of strategies and best practices for managing public and nonprofit organizations to meet public needs. Not only that, but our MPA online degree program focuses on the tools and techniques crucial for maintaining good rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders.
Pursuing a master’s in public administration will teach you how to attract business and bolster the economy through strong and weak economic times. You will receive training on the financial side of public or nonprofit management, exploring its relationship with political and economic factors so you can be prepared to better protect your agency.
Students have the choice to either complete a thesis or substitute six hours of electives to complete their program. If you choose the thesis route, you will have the opportunity to exercise practical applications of training. This unique experience encourages mastery of the topic explored as you evaluate weakness in the public administration field, creating a project which produces solutions.
Featured Courses of our Public Administration Degree
- BMAL 501 – Strategic Leadership and Management
- PADM 530 – Community Economic Development
- PADM 600 – Politics and Policy of Public Sector Building
- PADM 610 – Management of Public Sector Organizations
Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Program Information
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
Potential Career Options
After graduating with a Master of Public Administration in Public and Nonprofit Management online degree, you will have the ability to pursue career opportunities as a/an:
- Administrative officer
- Compliance or loss prevention manager
- Policy specialist
- Social and community service manager
Master’s in Public Administration – Public and Nonprofit Management Online Degree Highlights
- By earning your master’s in public administration – public and nonprofit management degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Master of Public Administration in Public and Nonprofit Management degree online has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MPA online degree program in less than 2 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Public Policy – The Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses in this program will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through this program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
- Master of Business Administration – Our ACBSP accredited MBA program is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each specialization within the program is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication and research necessary to thrive in the business world.
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – The M.A. in Executive Leadership is designed to prepare you to excel as a business professional in a variety of management positions. Pursuing this degree will enhance your opportunities for career advancement and strengthen your critical thinking skills through challenging assignments.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate MPA Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.