Influence Governmental Policy with a Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy
Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy will provide you with the tools and skills needed to become a leader in the fields of law and public policy. Through our MPA in Law and Public Policy degree’s 100% online format, you have the flexibility to focus on other goals while still meeting your educational needs.
As a leader in the field of public policy and law, you will have to make difficult decisions that require thorough analysis and review of problems that are presented. By earning an online MPA in Law and Public Policy degree, you will be provided with the knowledge and skill set needed to accomplish difficult tasks. Our Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy degree ushers in opportunities to influence the sector of law and politics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy Online Program?
By earning a master’s in public administration at Liberty, you will be equipped with a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences affecting the leadership of public and non-profit organizations. Gain knowledge in how various political and financial factors influence policy analysis and implementation process. Learn to become a Christian policy leader that influences your generation and generations to come. The political arena needs Christ-centered individuals, like you, possessing education in public policy and law to help create and pass laws in congruence with biblical principles.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Public Administration – Law and Public Policy Degree?
The Master of Public Administration – Law and Public Policy degree features learning concepts in the intricacies of the law, politics, research, and public policy to create a well-rounded educational experience. The MPA in Law and Public Policy online degree is our way of providing a comprehensive approach to preparing students to serve in government and related fields, particularly in management and leadership roles. Your master’s in public administration – law and public policy degree provides a more practical approach to the study of government and politics by reviewing economic development in strong and weak times as well as training in creating and maintaining budgets for your organization.
You’ll explore contemporary legal challenges, shifting cultural demographics, political movements, and strategies for community development. Liberty’s seasoned professors will help you grasp concepts in the philosophical, intellectual, political, and cultural influences of American public policy in relation to religious groups.
In the master’s in public administration degree, you may choose the thesis or non-thesis degree track. Following the non-thesis degree track is ideal for individuals who are not planning to pursue a doctorate in the immediate future. Our thesis track provides students the unique opportunity to gather and present the knowledge acquired from previous law and public policy degree courses to apply to practical solutions. Your professors will challenge you to address and analyze weaknesses in public policy and law to design a useful answer through research and hands-on creativity to prepare you for a career in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels.
- JURI 600 – Foundations of Law
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
- PADM 610 – Management of Public Sector Organizations
- PPOL 650 – International Law, Policy, and Politics
Master’s in Public Administration Degree Information – Law and Public Policy
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
After graduating with your MPA degree in law and public policy, opportunities will become available to pursue careers in many areas, including:
- Chief executive
- Compliance manager
Highlights of our MPA in Law and Public Policy
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online MPA in Law and Public Policy degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy degree program in under 2 years.
Admission Requirements for the MPA in Law and Public Policy
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.