Become Armed in Influence with a Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy
Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy will provide you with the tools and skills needed to become a leader in the fields of law and public policy. Through our MPA – Administration in Law and Public Policy degree’s 100% online format, you have the flexibility to focus on other goals while still meeting your educational needs. As a leader in the field of public policy and law, you will have to make difficult decisions that require thorough analysis and review of problems that are presented.
By earning an online MPA – in Law and Public Policy degree, you will be provided with the knowledge and skill sets needed to accomplish difficult tasks. Our Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy degree in Law and Public Policy ushers in opportunities to influence the sector of law and politics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy Online Program?
By earning a Master’s in Public Administration at Liberty, you will be equipped with a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences affecting the leadership of public and non-profit organizations. You are challenged in how various political and financial factors influence the policy analysis and implementation process and in operating as Christian policy leaders to influence your generation and generations to come for the glory of God. The political arena needs Christ-centered individuals, like you, possessing education in public policy and law to help create and pass laws in congruence with biblical principles.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Public Administration – Law and Public Policy Degree?
The Master of Public Administration – Law and Public Policy degree feature learning concepts in the intricacies of the law, politics, research, and public policy to create a well-rounded educational experience. The MPA – Law and Public Policy online degree is our way of providing a comprehensive approach to preparing students to serve in government and related capabilities, particularly in management and leadership roles. Your master’s in public administration – law and public policy degree provides a more practical approach to the study of government and politics through reviewing economic development in strong and weak times as well as training in creating and maintaining budgets for your organization.
Explorations of contemporary legal challenges, shifting cultural demographics, political movements, and strategies for community development will occur. Liberty’s seasoned professors will help you grasp concepts in the philosophical, intellectual, political, and cultural influences of American public policy about religious affiliations.
In the Master’s in Public Administration degree, you may choose the thesis or non-thesis degree track. Following the non-thesis degree track is ideal for individuals who are not planning to pursue a doctorate in the immediate future. Our thesis track provides students the unique opportunity to gather and present the knowledge acquired from previous Master of Public Administration Law and Public Policy degree courses to apply to practical solutions. Your professors will challenge you to address and analyze weaknesses in public policy and law to design a useful answer through research and hands-on creativity to prepare you for a career in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels.
Master’s in Public Administration degree in Law and Public Policy Program Format and Information
- 100% Online
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Government Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
After graduating with your MPA degree in Law and Public Policy, opportunities will become available to pursue careers in many areas, including:
- Chief Executive
- Compliance Manager
Highlights of our MPA in Law and Public Policy
- By earning your online masters in public administration degree in law and public policy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Public Administration in Law and Public Policy degree program in under two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Public Policy – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices.
- Master in Political Science – The Master of Science in Political Science is a 100% online program which focuses on the rigorous and comprehensive study of politics. This program builds upon various fundamental skills integral to a career as a political scientist. These skills will aid in your ability to advance research and scholarship on the nature and impact of politics in society.
- Juris Master in American Legal Studies – Our Juris Master in American Legal Studies will build on your current knowledge and skills by giving you an in-depth study and understanding of American law. There is a growing need for professionals familiar with the intricacies of American law because of America’s legal influence on institutions around the world, and this degree will provide you with the qualification to meet those needs.
Admission Requirements for the MPA in Law and Public Policy
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.