Be an Influence in Healthcare Policy by Earning an Online MPA Degree in Healthcare at Liberty University!
If you are fascinated by the field of healthcare and passionate about being part of the solution for better healthcare outcomes, Liberty University’s online Master of Public Administration in Healthcare will equip you to manage and deliver healthcare education, products, and services to the public. Our 100% online MPA Degree in Healthcare is designed to give you the flexibility you need to meet your educational needs without sacrificing your day-to-day responsibilities. America’s healthcare system and the political process are complex, but Liberty University seeks to Train Champions for Christ to be able to tackle the intricacies of healthcare with a biblical worldview.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Online Degree?
Liberty University seeks to produce well-informed graduates through advanced teaching and an enhanced learning experience. Our Master of Public Administration – Healthcare degree will equip graduates with a solid understanding of how biblical principles create better leadership for public and nonprofit healthcare organizations. The online Master of Public Administration provides a practical approach to the study of government and politics that challenges students to see how political and financial factors influence the policy analysis and implementation process.
Individuals enrolled in our MPA degree in Healthcare are taught how to operate as Christian leaders and influence their generation for the glory of God. Liberty University’s online MPA degree with the Healthcare area of study prepares students for careers in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels with a healthcare policy emphasis. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) which means that your degree will be recognized around the nation. The MPA in Healthcare is designed to fully equip students with not only the knowledge to understand healthcare policy and administration but to perform effectively in real-life scenarios.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Degree?
Our Master of Public Administration- Healthcare online degree program provides a comprehensive approach in preparing students to serve in government and related capabilities, particularly in management and leadership roles. In the Master of Public Administration – Healthcare degree, you will learn leadership and collaboration skills needed to facilitate the effective administration and delivery of healthcare in public and private settings. Through Liberty University’s online MPA in Healthcare degree you will study the challenges that public, private, and nonprofit leaders face in executing public healthcare policies and how to address these issues. You will study in-depth contemporary legal problems as well as shifting cultural demographics, political movements, and strategies for urban and community development. This will equip you with foundational comprehension of outliers that may affect healthcare policy.
In the Master of Public Administration degree, you will choose either the thesis or non-thesis degree track. The non-thesis degree track is ideal for individuals who are not planning to pursue a doctorate. The online MPA degree’s thesis track provides students the unique opportunity to gather and present the knowledge acquired from their course of study to solve real-world problems. Students will be challenged to address and analyze weaknesses in the field of healthcare management and to design useful solutions through research and hands-on creativity.
Master of Public Administration – Healthcare Featured Courses
Master of Public Administration Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master’s in Public Administration- Healthcare degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online MPA degree in Healthcare in less than two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Masters of Arts in Public Policy – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses within the program will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration – Our Master of Science in Healthcare Administration will equip you with an understanding of informatics, public health, and nursing disciplines. Through this program, you will learn how to add value to your organization, as well as make informed decisions regarding strategic planning, business management techniques, and financial models and principles.
- Master of Public Health – Liberty University’s online Master of Public Health – Health Promotion will enrich your understanding of health promotion and help you gain expertise in solutions to healthcare crises, disease prevention issues, and poor nutrition. The online MPH degree will prepare you to serve effectively as a public health expert in the modern world, integrating faith with learning in a professional atmosphere.
MPA – Healthcare Degree Information & Requirements
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Healthcare Public Administration degree Course Syllabi (login required).
Master of Public Administration Military Benefits
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Healthcare Management Career Options
After completion of your MPA degree in Healthcare, you may have the opportunity to pursue these careers:
- Administrative Services Manager
- Community Health Worker
- General and Operations Manager
- Medical and Health Services Manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Public Administration in Healthcare
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.