Be an Influence in Healthcare Policy by Earning an Online MPA Degree in Healthcare at Liberty University
If you are fascinated by the field of healthcare and passionate about being part of the solution for better healthcare outcomes, Liberty University’s online Master of Public Administration in Healthcare can equip you to manage and deliver healthcare education, products, and services to the public. Our 100% online MPA degree in healthcare is designed to give you the flexibility you need to meet your educational needs without sacrificing your day-to-day responsibilities.
America’s healthcare system and the political process are complex, but Liberty University seeks to Train Champions for Christ who can tackle the intricacies of healthcare with a biblical worldview.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Online Degree?
Liberty University seeks to produce well-informed graduates through advanced teaching and an enhanced learning experience. Our Master of Public Administration — Healthcare degree will equip graduates with a solid understanding of how biblical principles create better leadership for public and nonprofit healthcare organizations. The online Master of Public Administration provides a practical approach to the study of government and politics that challenges students to see how political and financial factors influence the policy analysis and implementation process.
Individuals enrolled in our MPA degree in healthcare are taught how to operate as Christian leaders and influence their generation for the glory of God. Liberty University’s online MPA degree with the healthcare specialization prepares students for careers in the public sector at federal, state, and local levels with a healthcare policy emphasis.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) which means that your degree will be recognized around the nation. The MPA in Healthcare is designed to fully equip students with not only the knowledge to understand healthcare policy and administration but to perform effectively in real-life scenarios.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Public Administration — Healthcare?
Our Master of Public Administration — Healthcare online degree program provides a comprehensive approach in preparing students to serve in government and related capabilities, particularly in management and leadership roles. In the Master of Public Administration — Healthcare degree, you can learn leadership and collaboration skills needed to facilitate the effective administration and delivery of healthcare in public and private settings. Through Liberty University’s online MPA in Healthcare degree you will study the challenges that public, private, and nonprofit leaders face in executing public healthcare policies and how to address these issues. You will study in-depth contemporary legal problems as well as shifting cultural demographics, political movements, and strategies for urban and community development. This can equip you with foundational comprehension of outliers that may affect healthcare policy.
In the Master of Public Administration degree, you will choose either the thesis or non-thesis degree track. The non-thesis degree track is ideal for individuals who are not planning to pursue a doctorate. The online MPA degree’s thesis track provides students with the unique opportunity to gather and present the knowledge acquired from their course of study to solve real-world problems. Students will be challenged to address and analyze weaknesses in the field of healthcare management and to design useful solutions through research and hands-on creativity.
- BUSI 506 – Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals
- BUSI 511 – Healthcare Administration
- HLTH 556 – Politics and Health Policy
- PADM 530 – Community Economic Development
Master of Public Administration Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Public Administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online MPA degree in healthcare in less than 2 years.
MPA in Healthcare Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master of Public Administration Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Healthcare Management Career Options
After completion of your MPA degree in healthcare, you may have the opportunity to pursue a career as a(n):
- Administrative services manager
- Community health worker
- General and operations manager
- Medical and health services manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Public Administration in Healthcare
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.