Make a Difference in the Public Sector With a Master’s Degree in Public Administration
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Liberty’s master’s degree in public administration (MPA) is a professional degree for those who wish to serve in the public sector as managers, executives, and policy analysts in all areas of local, state, and federal government. Throughout our MPA degree, you will study the principles and development of public administration as it relates to executive-level management and leadership.
As a public administration professional, you will be required to analyze situations and create solutions for the challenges society deals with. With the training you receive through our MPA degree, you can work to fix the problems your community is dealing with, or work toward solutions for global issues like poverty, water and food shortages, HIV, and other needs that plague underdeveloped nations.
At Liberty, our goal is to Train Champions for Christ. Our MPA provides advanced public administration training taught from a biblical worldview. You can learn how to lead with integrity as you help shape and improve public policy.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MPA Program?
Our accredited Christian university has been pioneering distance education since 1985. We strive to continue developing our online learning environment to meet your specific needs. Our professors use their first-hand experience and education in the field to help you become the Christian leader you desire to be. We believe that your master’s degree should prepare you for more than a job – it should prepare you to influence others with integrity. Advance your career through online courses that teach best practices in leadership and management applicable to the public administration sector.
By providing a master’s degree in public administration 100% online, we hope to give you the flexibility you need to continue working in your field, supporting your family, and ministering to your community. Our online MPA can be completed through an 8-week course format, with no set login times, and 8 different start dates throughout the year.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Administration Master’s Degree?
Our online master’s degree in public administration courses will address public policy analysis, management styles for public organizations, and strategies for economic development. The courses that define our MPA degree will help you understand the financial, decision-making, and political implications of policy work.
Throughout any career in public administration, there is a common thread of decision-making and execution of public policy. In most positions, you contribute toward how the government or organization functions. Therefore, it is crucial that you understand how to analyze policy, assess community development needs, manage public sector organizations, and conduct advanced research. You can learn all this and more while earning Liberty’s MPA degree.
Our professors are passionate about leading world change through policy and economic management. They will provide you with key principles to create a stable financial life within a community, as well as practical tools to lead political stakeholders and constituents.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
- PADM 610 – Management of Public Sector Organizations
Master’s in Public Administration Highlights
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online public administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your master’s in public administration degree.
- Potential additional credit earned through life experience.
- You can complete your MPA online in less than 2 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- M.A. in Public Policy – Liberty’s Master of Arts in Public Policy can prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses within the program can equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through this program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
- Master of Business Administration – Our ACBSP accredited Master of Business Administration is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each area of study under this degree is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for practical communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in the business world.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice – The Master of Science in Criminal Justice will provide you with advanced training in criminal justice and professional administration. Through this program, you can learn to apply the best practices and trends in criminal justice by mastering your written and verbal communication to be most effective as a leader or manager in the criminal justice field. This program focuses on the integration of ethics, criminal justice, and management.
Master of Public Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Public Administration
- Administrative officer
- Compliance manager
- Social and community service manager
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master of Public Administration
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.