Prepare to Make a Difference with Our Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Disaster Management Degree Program
You have a passion to make a difference. We do too. Let us help you prepare to save lives with our MPA in Disaster Management degree. Through our 100% online disaster management master’s degree program, you will learn to assess risk, mitigate hazards, create safe and prepared communities, and respond to natural and man-made disasters within your sector, whether that’s local, state, or nation-wide.
We have been pioneering distance education since 1985, giving us the experience needed to create a cutting-edge online learning environment designed to meet your needs. Because our disaster management master’s degree can be completed 100% online with no set login times, you can stay involved in your family, career, or community while you earn your degree.
At Liberty, your success is our success. We strive to ensure that you are provided with the education and training you need to be successful in disaster management wherever your career takes you. We don’t just train professionals. We train exceptional, value-driven professionals who are prepared to lead in their fields. Partner with us, and make the impact you always knew you could.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration – Disaster Management Program?
As an accredited Christian college ranked in the top 1% of over 2,000 other online colleges and universities for quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty is one of the premier universities offering master’s degrees in disaster management. At Liberty, we believe in academic excellence taught from a biblical perspective. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, meaning that we will give you the skills and tools you need to make a lasting impact for Christ as you pursue your career passions.
Our professors have real-world experience in public administration and disaster management, allowing them to teach you practical skills you can use to save lives and further your career. At Liberty, you are an individual, not a number, and our professors are dedicated to supporting you as you pursue your goals.
What Will You Learn in Our MPA in Disaster Management Degree?
In our disaster management degree program, you’ll learn preventative measures that will help keep your community safe from natural disasters and acts of terrorism. You will also complete coursework centered on working with the political, legal, and financial systems in place that affect disaster management and prevention.
Our online disaster management courses combine homeland security and public administration best practices so you can be prepared to manage both emergencies and budgeting concerns on any level of government. Armed with a variety of security and response strategies, you can be ready to coordinate your anti-terrorism efforts with other levels of government – from local to international threats.
- HLSC 610 – Understanding Terrorism and Homeland Security
- HLSC 620 – Hazard Mitigation
- PADM 600 – Politics and Policy of Public Sector Budgeting
Master of Public Administration in Disaster Management Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our master’s in public administration and disaster management degree in as little as 1.5 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
You may also be interested in exploring other public administration degree programs such as:
- M.S. in Criminal Justice – Public Administration – This program can prepare you with the advanced skills you need to become an administrator who leads with excellence and integrity within the criminal justice system. You will learn how to manage a public organization, negotiate politics within government bureaucracy, and impact your community through clear communication.
- M.S. in Healthcare Administration – Public Administration – This program blends health informatics, public health issues, and nursing studies with business and management techniques so you will be prepared to make informed, administrative decisions. You will also learn how to improve the healthcare experience for your patients as you work toward better disease prevention within your community.
MPA in Disaster Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- This program includes the option to complete a thesis or take electives.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Public Administration Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Online Master’s Degree in Disaster Management
- Emergency management director
- Emergency management specialist
- Emergency preparedness administrator
- Homeland security officer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Public Administration
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.