Prepare to Make a Difference with Our Master of Public Administration – Disaster Management Degree Program
You have a passion to make a difference. We do too. Let us help you prepare to save lives with our MPA in Disaster Management degree. Through our 100% online Disaster Management master’s degree program, you will learn to assess risk, mitigate hazards, create safe and prepared communities, and respond to natural and man-made disasters within your own community as well as state and nationally.
We have been pioneering distance education since 1985, giving us the experience needed to create a cutting-edge online learning environment designed to meet your needs. Because our disaster management master’s degree can be completed 100% online with no set login times, you do not have to sacrifice your involvement in your family, career, or community to earn your degree. At Liberty, your success is our success. We strive to ensure that you are provided with the education and training you need to be successful in disaster management wherever your career takes you. We don’t just train professionals, we train exceptional professionals who are prepared to lead in their fields. Partner with us, and make the impact you always knew you could.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration – Disaster Management Program?
As an accredited Christian college ranked in the top five of over two thousand other online colleges and universities for quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty is one of the premier universities offering master’s degrees in disaster management. At Liberty, we believe in academic excellence taught from a biblical perspective. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, meaning that we will give you the skills and tools you need to make a lasting impact for Christ as you pursue your passion.
Our professors have real-world experience in public administration and disaster management, allowing them to teach you practical skills you can use to save lives and further your career. Here, you are an individual, not a number, and our professors are dedicated to supporting you as you pursue your goals.
What Will You Learn in Our MPA in Disaster Management Degree?
You want to make a difference in your community by helping to protect it, and we want to give you all the tools you need to save lives. In our Disaster Management degree program, you’ll learn preventative measures that will help keep your community safe from natural disasters and acts of terrorism, as well as how to work with the political, legal, and financial systems in place that affect disaster management and prevention.
Our online disaster management courses combine homeland security and public administration best practices so you will be prepared to manage both emergencies and budgeting concerns on any level of government. Armed with a variety of security and response strategies, you will be prepared to coordinate your anti-terrorism efforts with other levels of government – from local to international.
Master of Public Administration in Disaster Management Program Highlights
- By earning your online MPA in Disaster Management degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our master’s in public administration in disaster management degree in as little as one and a half years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
You may also be interested in exploring other Public Administration degree programs:
- M.S. in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Degree – This program will prepare you with the advanced skills you need to become an administrator who leads with excellence and integrity within the criminal justice system. You will learn how to manage a public organization, negotiate politics within government bureaucracy, and impact your community through clear communication.
- M.S. in Healthcare Administration – Public Administration – This program blends health informatics, public health issues, and nursing studies with business and management techniques so you will be prepared to make informed, administrative decisions. You will also learn how to help improve the healthcare experience for your patients and how to work toward better disease prevention within your community.
MPA in Disaster Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Optional Thesis
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Master’s in Public Administration- Business and Government Course Syllabi (login required).
Master’s in Public Administration Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an Online Master’s Degree in Disaster Management
- Emergency Management Director
- Emergency Management Specialist
- Emergency Preparedness Administrator
- Homeland Security Officer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Public Administration
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.