A Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Program Can Equip You to Ensure a Fair Justice System
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration degree program is designed to help you build strong leadership and management skills to lead a successful career in the criminal justice system. Our online master’s program is structured to give you a well-rounded education so you can enter your career with confidence. If you are already established in a criminal justice role and want to move up to a management role, the online MS in Criminal Justice – Public Administration can give you the skill set and credentials you need.
You will learn from our experienced instructors and study graduate-level criminal justice foundational courses, explore topics in criminal justice ethics, and develop critical leadership techniques so you can be prepared to take on the challenges of the criminal justice system.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Online Program?
Liberty University is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. While you are a student in the online Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree program, you will have access to an abundance of resources that we can offer as an established university with a brick-and-mortar campus. Our professors have years of experience in the field and are dedicated to helping you succeed in your career. As you dig deep into your criminal justice studies, your professors will give you valuable insights into the workings of the criminal justice system. As an online student at Liberty University, you can become a part of a growing community of Christian professionals and develop important connections for your career.
The 100% online format of this degree allows you to get a quality education while still being connected with your career, family, church, and community. You can continue your current responsibilities and passions while working towards future career advancement with our online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration. With the online program’s optional thesis, you can demonstrate your expertise in a practical research project with a real-world, problem-solving emphasis, or you can choose to broaden your topics of study with two additional electives. The flexibility of the online criminal justice master’s degree makes it a valuable asset for students entering or wanting to progress in the criminal justice field.
Accreditations and Awards
- Our program was ranked in the top 5 by BestMastersDegrees.com for best master’s in criminal justice from private non-profit colleges.
- Our Master of Science in Criminal Justice ranked on the Bestcolleges.com list for “Best Online Programs: Masters in Criminal Justice 2018.”
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Program?
Our online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration degree is designed to prepare you for the various situations you will face in the criminal justice field. You will gain a full understanding of the discipline of public administration and the major theories and practices that lead to effective leadership in public service roles. Topics such as the politics of government bureaucracy, managing, and leading public organizations and the core functions of government administration will be thoroughly discussed to ensure you have a strong understanding of how the theory is put into practice.
You will learn what it means to become an effective community leader who supports local economic growth, and you will examine various worldviews that affect America’s public policy system and how they created the society we live in today. The online master’s in criminal justice – public administration degree program also focuses on giving you strong conflict communication roles to handle situations seen both in the field and in the workplace.
You will also have the choice to complete a practical thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and prepare you to potentially pursue doctoral studies, or you can choose two additional electives to broaden your experience. The broad selection of essential skills taught in the online MS in Criminal Justice – Public Administration will ensure that you are prepared to branch out into an administrative role or start a career in criminal justice.
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Program Highlights for the Online Master’s in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- By earning your online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Complete an optional thesis project to demonstrate your expertise in a hands-on, practical project or choose two additional electives to broaden your criminal justice studies.
- Students can complete the Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration in under two years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
Online Master’s in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Syllabi. (login required)
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online MS in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Degree Program
- Elected Official
- Homeland Security
- Police Administration
- Urban and Social Policy
- Social Services
- Sustainable Resource Development Management
Admission Requirements for the Online MS in Criminal Justice Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.