Learn to Ensure a Fair Justice System with Liberty University’s Master’s in Criminal Justice
Do you want a successful career in the criminal justice system? You can get there with our Master of Science in Criminal Justice (MSCJ) – Public Administration. LU’s online MSCJ degree program can help you build strong leadership and management skills.
Our MSCJ online is structured to give you a well-rounded education so you can enter your career with confidence. If you are already established in a criminal justice role and want to move into management, this degree is for you. LU’s online Master of Science in Criminal Justice can give you the skill set and credentials you need.
Throughout Liberty University’s criminal justice master’s degree, you will:
- Develop critical leadership techniques
- Explore topics in criminal justice ethics
- Learn from our experienced instructors
- Prepare to take on the challenges of the criminal justice system
- Study foundational, graduate-level criminal justice courses
What does a criminal justice administrator do?
Criminal justice administrators work in a variety of settings managing people, systems, and policies. They may find themselves in management positions in prisons, government agencies, law enforcement, or even court systems.
What are the benefits of getting a criminal justice degree online?
Pursuing your criminal justice degree with Liberty could provide you with some of the following benefits:
- A Christ-centered curriculum
- A new professional credential
- Career advancement
- The flexibility to complete your studies at your own pace
- Training under professors with real-life criminal justice experience
What jobs can I get with a criminal justice administration degree?
If you are just starting out in the field, our criminal justice degree can provide you with career opportunities like:
- Corrections officer
- Customs inspector
- FBI agent
- Forensic specialist
- Police officer
If you are a current criminal justice professional, this degree is designed to provide you with career advancement. You could qualify for roles like:
- Chief of police
- Elected official
- Public policy administrator
Why Choose LU’s MSCJ in Public Administration Online Program?
Liberty University is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. As one of our online students, you will have access to an abundance of resources that we can offer as an established university with a brick-and-mortar campus.
Our professors have years of experience in the criminal justice field and are dedicated to helping you succeed in your career. As you dig into your criminal justice studies, your professors will give you valuable insights into the workings of the criminal justice system. As one of our students, you will be part of a growing community of Christian professionals.
The 100% online format of this degree allows you to get a quality education while still being connected with your career, family, and community. You can continue your current responsibilities and passions while working towards future career advancement with our online MSCJ in Public Administration.
With the online program’s optional thesis, you can demonstrate your expertise in a practical research project with a real-world, problem-solving emphasis. Or you can choose to broaden your topics of study with additional electives. The flexibility of the online criminal justice master’s degree makes it a valuable asset for students. Whether you are just starting out in criminal justice or interested in advancing your career, this program can help.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Program?
Our online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration degree is designed to prepare you for the situations you will face in the criminal justice field. You will gain a full understanding of the discipline of public administration.
You will study the major theories and practices that lead to effective leadership in public service roles. You will also learn about the politics of government bureaucracy, managing and leading public organizations, and the core functions of government administration. These topics can help you put theory into practice.
Throughout this program, you can learn what it means to become an effective community leader who supports local economic growth. You will examine various worldviews that affect America’s public policy system and how they created the society we live in today. You will also learn strong conflict communication training to handle situations seen in the field and the workplace.
Our MSCJ program gives you the option to complete a practical thesis project. This project will demonstrate your expertise and prepare you to potentially pursue doctoral studies.
If the thesis project isn’t for you, you can choose additional electives to broaden your experience. The essential skills taught in the online M.S. in Criminal Justice – Public Administration will ensure that you are prepared to branch out into an administrative role or start a career in criminal justice.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
- PADM 610 – Management of Public Sector Organizations
Highlights of Our Criminal Justice Online Master of Public Administration Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in criminal justice from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that your degree meets rigorous academic standards and will be well-respected.
- Complete an optional thesis project to demonstrate your expertise in a hands-on, practical project or choose 2 additional electives to broaden your criminal justice studies.
- You can complete this online criminal justice degree in just 1.5 years!
Online Master’s in Criminal Justice – Public Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides. (login required)
Military Benefits for Our Criminal Justice Online MPA
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers with a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Criminal Justice
- Corrections officer
- Elected official
- Homeland security specialist
- Police administrator
- Urban and social policy developer
- Social services worker
- Sustainable resource development manager
Admission Requirements for LU’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.