Earn Your Law Enforcement Administration Degree Online with Liberty
Good leadership is critical to the success of any agency. The right leader can make all the difference — especially in law enforcement.
If you’ve got what it takes to lead others and are dedicated to serving and protecting your community, Liberty University’s M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership degree could be a great fit. Pursuing a law enforcement master’s degree can make you eligible for more positions, boost your income potential, and help you stand out to employers.
Agencies within the criminal justice system are looking for trained law enforcement professionals to place in leadership. Having a law enforcement administration degree can set you apart from your peers and identify you as someone who values their role as an executor of justice and public policy.
Liberty’s M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership degree can prepare you for success in a variety of administrative roles. Our law enforcement master’s degree covers the laws and guidelines that govern modern law enforcement policies and equips you to excel in areas such as homeland security and intelligence operations. Partner with Liberty and earn a master’s in criminal justice that will train you to incorporate your integrity into all areas of leadership, from personnel to policy.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Online?
At Liberty University, integrity matters. All of your classes will be taught from a biblical worldview by faculty with years of law enforcement experience and terminal degrees in criminal justice. A degree grounded in biblical principles can make you extremely valuable to criminal justice organizations because you will be trained to lead not only effectively, but also ethically.
Choosing Liberty University for your online master’s degree in criminal justice can open doors to advanced positions in your field. By taking your current skills to the next level, you can demonstrate your readiness to step into a leadership role. Our criminal justice master’s degree is designed to prepare you for supervisory roles among police officers, detectives, firefighters, and many other public administration positions.
Leaders in these areas typically possess specific skill sets. Law enforcement agencies look for leaders who have strong communication, planning, and relational skills. Liberty incorporates training in these skill sets, as well as others like conflict resolution and problem-solving, into your courses because we are committed to your success as a person and as a professional. With a master’s degree in law enforcement leadership from Liberty, you can confidently influence public safety and keep your sector, state, or government organization above reproach.
What Will You Learn in Your Law Enforcement Master’s Degree Online?
With anything, it’s important to know what your goals are and what you hope to get out of achieving them. Pursuing a law enforcement master’s degree online is no different. Liberty’s M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to prepare you with both theoretical and practical applications for your career.
Study under faculty who have years of field experience and hold terminal degrees in criminal justice. Under their guidance, you will learn how to apply relevant research and communication principles to any public administration setting. Introduce current field research and industry best practices to your work as you solve problems common to the criminal justice field.
Our leadership in criminal justice organizations master’s program can help you understand how municipal law enforcement organizations operate as well as how to connect with your community. Community relations make up a large part of law enforcement administration. Our seasoned faculty can help you gain a deeper understanding of these issues — and more.
Some of the other key concepts you will explore include:
- How to integrate a Christian worldview into ethical decision-making
- Human resources and how law enforcement leaders can address today’s civil rights issues
- Strategic intelligence and how to create sound strategies and tactics based on effective planning, decision-making, and threat assessment
- The evolution of homeland security, the history of terrorist threats, and U.S. responses
Additionally, you will be tasked with researching law enforcement leadership best practices in the administration of law enforcement members, groups, and agencies. In our master’s in criminal justice and law enforcement degree online, you can choose to write a thesis under the direction of a trained faculty committee, including a chair and a reader.
- CJUS 534 – Human Resources and Civil Rights for Law Enforcement Leaders
- CJUS 535 – Strategic Intelligence for Law Enforcement Leaders
- CJUS 550 – Topics and Trends in Criminal Justice
- HLSC 510 – Homeland Security Organization and Administration
Highlights of Our Master’s in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online criminal justice degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Complete your master’s degree in law enforcement administration in as little as 1.5 years!
- Learn from professors who have terminal degrees and years of real-life experience in the field of criminal justice.
- Receive research and leadership training essential to the criminal justice and law enforcement field as you complete your thesis.
M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Criminal Justice Master’s Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
What Can You Do with an Online Law Enforcement Master’s Degree?
Liberty University’s M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to prepare you for positions such as:
- Human resources officer
- Police chief
- Senior police officer
- Special agent