Learn to Safeguard Our Country by Earning a Bachelor’s in Government – National Security!
Liberty University’s 100% online bachelor’s degree in government with a specialization in national security will train you in a wide range of national security issues including strategy, lawmaking, implementation, and enforcement. With this degree, you can be better equipped to address a variety of national security situations as well as obtain the tools and skills to identify and analyze a variety of scenarios. Courses in this program will provide training in areas of critical infrastructure protection, resilient nations, intelligence analysis, and counter-terrorism.
Our B.S. in Government – National Security online degree program provides an in-depth study of the legal, criminal justice, and government fields, which is useful for your career in government or the private sector. Our national security area of study will equip you to make ethical decisions concerning issues related to law, criminal justice, government, and national security. You will explore internal and external threats to national security, such as terrorist activities and internal subversion, and how to counter them. The bachelor’s in government – national security program is ideal for students wanting to enter the challenging and civically-rewarding field of counterterrorism.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Government – National Security Online Degree Program?
You will study under professors who have served as intelligence analysts, law enforcement officers, military intelligence service members, and lawyers. These seasoned professionals take what they’ve learned in their careers and translate it into practical applications that bring your classroom experience to life. The Helms School of Government developed the online bachelor’s in government – national security to help develop leaders who are guided by duty, honor, and morality. You will learn the critical thinking skills you need and also be able to target your interests through this degree in national security.
Ethics and social issues are important in the field of government security. As a Christian university, we hold strongly to these standards as we strive to apply biblical principles to create Christ-centered individuals and positive influencers in our culture. Upon graduation, you can be prepared to ethically solve problems as you seek your future career or career advancement in government.
What Will You Learn in the Online Bachelor’s in Government – National Security Degree?
Liberty’s B.S. in Government – National Security will provide you with foundational knowledge and training in government security and intelligence to effectively protect the country through government agencies. The national security concentration combines homeland security and strategic intelligence studies into one area of study to offer you a tailored concentration for your future career in counterterrorism or intelligence.
Our national security degree provides a practical approach to understand the broad range of threats to national and global security in the 21st century. You will examine U.S. strategy and policies to analyze threats that challenge national security. You will learn from the nation’s leading professionals on how to analyze and evaluate various aspects of national defense policy, intelligence, diplomacy, stability, and how to handle and solve national crises.
- GOVT 329 – American Exceptionalism
- CJUS 382 – Critical Infrastructure Protection
- GOVT 481 – Counter-Terrorism
- GOVT 484 – Strategic Intelligence
Online Bachelor’s of Government – National Security Program Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options
- Counter-terrorism agent
- Federal agent
- Intelligence analyst
- Law enforcement officer
Admission Requirements for the B.S. in Government – National Security
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
B.S. in Government – National Security Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online national security degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students pursuing our online degree in national security and intelligence will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- You can experience increased job opportunities after completing your degree in government security and intelligence.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice explores the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to different types of crime. Students will learn targeted concepts for identifying the constitutional, procedural, and organizational differences of criminal justice and representative systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration – Courses in our Bachelor of Science in Public Administration are designed to train and equip students for the administration of public services and the implementation of public policy at all levels of government as well as the private and non-profit sectors.