Financial Aid Forms and Eligibility
Get started setting up your financial aid. Follow these steps and submit the forms below that apply to you.
Financial Aid Steps
Submit Your FAFSA
You can complete your FAFSA using your FSA ID username and password and with Liberty’s school code (010392). You must complete the FAFSA annually to be considered for federal financial aid as well as any Liberty institutional scholarships.
Apply for Loans
Complete Financial Check-In (FCI)!
FCI deadlines for the different terms and sub-terms offered at Liberty University can be found here.
Need help? Check out these FCI tutorial videos.
Financial Aid Forms
You may need to submit forms to the Financial Aid Office to maintain aid eligibility or complete a review process.
You should only complete the forms when they are specifically requested by the Financial Aid Office.
Forms in your Student Account
The majority of forms you need to submit can be done directly and electronically through your Student Checklist. Some forms may only be in ASIST, by selecting the Financial Aid tab and clicking on “Financial Aid Forms.” Completed and signed paper forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Any issues while creating the LU Guest Account should be directed to the IT HelpDesk.
Issues with the form electronic signature process should be directed to a Financial Aid Office representative by chat.
- Asset Verification Form
- Cost of Attendance Increase Form
- External Aid Form (Use this form to notify Financial Aid about your Corp TA, 529 Plan, or Outside Scholarship)
- Disability Discharge Personal Statement
- 2023-2024 Disability Discharge Physician Certification Form
- 2022-2023 Disability Discharge Physician Certification Form
- Federal Direct Student Loan Change Request Form
- Federal PLUS Loan Change Request Form
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Fresh Start Initiative for Defaulted Loans
- High School Self-Certification Form
- Private Student Loan Change Request Form
- Professional Judgment Application
- Statement of Educational Purpose
- Statement of Household Members Form
- Unusual Circumstance/Dependency Override Request Form
- Unusual Enrollment History Appeal Form
- Verification Worksheets (Dependent and Independent)
- 2023-2024 Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant Application
- You can now e-sign! VTAG Application Digital Signature Instructions
Parents of dependent Students must review and electronically sign most requested Financial Aid Office forms. Parents can easily complete the signature requirement using their own Liberty Account, and if the parent doesn’t have an existing account, he or she can set up a Liberty Guest Account.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for a Guest Account to be fully created which may prevent the parent from electronically signing a form the same day he or she receives the link to the form from their dependent student.
Parent E-Signing Directions
When completing a form, a dependent student will be prompted to provide a parent’s LU email address or email address associated with the parent’s LU Guest Account.
The parent will need to click on the link provided in the email, and he or she will be prompted to sign in with the LU or Guest Account credentials, and then review, electronically sign, and submit the form.