Advance in Your Career with an Education Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education
Our 100% online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree will prepare you with tools you need to conduct cutting-edge research, develop curricula, and assess and improve institutional instruction for high school students. Designed for students looking for a post-graduate degree that offers practical skills and preparation for a Doctor of Education, our Education Specialist degree will give you the foundation you need to become an expert in your field. Partner with us and let us help you improve secondary education in your classroom and beyond.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Education Specialist Degree in Secondary Education?
At Liberty University, we are dedicated to providing you with an academically excellent education that meets your professional needs. Our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), so you can be confident that our Ed.S. program offers you a quality education. Through the online Ed.S in Curriculum and Instruction, you will complete doctoral-level research in theory, educational models, and teaching techniques that will help you solve real-world problems in your secondary education discipline as a teacher, administrator, or curriculum developer.
What are the Benefits of Our Online Education Specialist Degree Program?
- Completing an Ed.S. degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- You will conduct excellent educational research throughout your post-graduate Ed.S. degree program that will prepare you for a future of publishing groundbreaking insights into middle and high school education, as well as for a doctoral dissertation.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- Our online Education Specialist degree gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your current credentials.
- If you elect to take advantage of our online Ed.S. degree’s optional on-campus intensives, you can learn skills in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree balances essential theoretical content with practical skills in research and institutional assessment, so you can improve instruction in your classroom and beyond. Throughout your Educational Specialist degree program, you will study both advanced curriculum theory and instruction methods for the subject area of your choice. Also, our online Ed.S. degree may be modified to fulfill initial licensure requirements for becoming a high school teacher, or if you possess initial licensure, you may also include requirements for advanced and add-on licensures.
If you wish to obtain licensure, refer to the additional courses listed on the bottom of the degree completion plan linked below.
Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your Ed.S. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- By completing your Ed.S. degree online you have the opportunity to graduate earlier than traditional, residential programs. Our online Education Specialist degree can be completed in just under two years!
- Our Ed.S. degree’s core leadership courses will prepare you to lead with excellence and integrity.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree online, you will be trained in essential research and assessment skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective instruction and recommend improvements.
Similar Online Degree Programs
You may also be interested in the online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program.
Our Online Education Specialist Degree Information
- This Ed.S. online degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 606 and EDUC 701.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
Military Benefits for Our Secondary Education Ed.S. Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an Education Specialist Degree
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 school administrator
- High school teacher
- College administrator
After completing Liberty University’s Education Specialist degree online, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited credential that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education, as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum. The secondary education area of study will provide the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in high school education and curriculum development, as well as add licensure requirements if needed to become a high school teacher. The skills and knowledge gained from the online Ed.S. degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum and learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Education Specialist – Secondary Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.