Gain a Deeper Understanding of Human Learning Processes with an EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Online
As an education professional, you have a vital responsibility to help create the best possible learning environment for your students – whether you are a teacher, professor, administrator, or curriculum specialist. One way you can accomplish this goal is by strengthening your understanding of the cognitive and psychological processes that affect how students learn and retain information. By studying the science of human learning, you can become better equipped to meet your students right where they are and provide an education that prepares them for the future.
Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology is designed to help you gain the skills needed to improve learning processes and promote academic success in your school. Through this program, you can explore important aspects of human psychological development and learn to apply that knowledge to your career as an educator. You’ll also have the opportunity to hone your research abilities so you can solve various problems in the field.
Partner with us and prepare to help meet the unique needs of your students by gaining an in-depth knowledge of educational psychology.
Please note: The EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology is a non-licensure program.
Why Choose Liberty’s EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Educational Psychology Degree?
We’ve designed our doctorate degree in educational psychology with your success in mind. This program is offered 100% online with no set login times – meaning you’ll have the freedom to earn your degree without putting your life on hold. You can fit your coursework into your schedule and stay invested in your top priorities – like your job, family, and community – while taking the next step in your academic journey.
At Liberty, you won’t be alone in your studies. As you utilize our top-notch online learning platform, you’ll have many opportunities to interact with your professors and classmates. Our faculty will provide feedback on your assignments, answer any questions you may have, and offer guidance as you work through your courses. You’ll also be able to engage with your classmates through discussion board posts, allowing you to share ideas and grow as an education professional.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985, we know how to create online programs that offer you maximum flexibility without sacrificing quality. Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can pursue your educational psychology doctorate online with confidence knowing that our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
What Will You Learn in Our EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Program?
Throughout this doctoral degree in educational psychology, you’ll study a mix of research methods, education theory, and practical application so you can develop a well-rounded approach to curriculum development and instructional design. Some of the topics you’ll explore include advanced learning theory, historical and philosophical foundations of education, and strategies for promoting student achievement.
You will also be able to personalize your degree by mixing and matching courses from a list of available options. That way, you can develop the specific skills you need to pursue your career goals. Depending on your interests, you may choose to study issues and trends in curriculum and instruction, learning technologies, curriculum theory, curriculum design and development, or curriculum change.
Within the educational psychology specialization, you’ll explore the psychological foundations of teaching and learning as well as the cognitive processes involved in learning. Your courses will also cover theories of physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development across the lifespan. As you complete an in-depth analysis of human growth and learning processes, you can prepare to work with students of all ages – from kindergarteners to college students.
This educational psychology online doctoral program is rounded out by a sequence of research and evaluation courses. These classes can help equip you with the research skills and methods needed to complete your capstone project – which will give you the opportunity to examine important problems in the field and propose effective solutions.
- EDUC 750 – Survey of Educational Research
- EDUC 775 – Advanced Educational Psychology*
- EDUC 776 – Motivation and Cognition in Learning*
- PSYC 725 – Theories and Research in Developmental Psychology
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our EdD in Educational Psychology Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your doctorate in educational psychology online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete your educational psychology doctorate in as little as 2.5 years – or less with transfer credit. This program allows you to transfer in up to 50% of your degree, saving you time and money!
Educational Psychology Doctoral Program Online Information
- This doctoral program in educational psychology falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for Our Online Doctorate in Educational Psychology
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdS/EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Doctorate in Educational Psychology Job Opportunities
This online educational psychology doctorate degree can help equip you for a variety of career paths, such as:
- College/university administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator*
*Some positions may require licensure. The EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology is a non-licensure program.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Online
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.