Engage in Advanced Research with Liberty’s Online PhD in Curriculum and Instruction
Educators strive to influence classrooms across county, state, and national levels by creating innovative and effective curricula that help students live up to their fullest potential. If your doctoral studies were in a practice-focused Doctor of Education program, you may now find that you are missing a dissertation to meet your career goals.
With a PhD in Advanced Educational Studies, you can transfer in two-thirds of your conferred Ed.D. credits and apply your practice-focused studies to advanced dissertation research where you will demonstrate the effectiveness of your ideas. If you want to gain the benefit of a dissertation-track PhD in advanced curriculum and instruction research without starting over with a new doctorate, then Liberty’s 100% online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies can help you reach your goals.
In addition to cutting-edge studies in educational teaching and learning methods, you will engage with the strategies needed to research and defend your dissertation. Your critical thinking skills will be challenged as you work through this process and then present and support a topic of interest with a fresh, new perspective. Through this PhD program, each course integrates specific course materials and assignments that require you to examine Scripture and a Christian worldview in light of relevant topics and current events.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Curriculum and Instruction Degree?
Liberty University’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies allows you to enhance your skills as an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. The robust theoretical framework you study in our program will extend your teaching methods so you can evaluate and address teaching challenges in K-12 institutions and universities.
If you are pursuing the PhD in Advanced Educational Studies primarily for your dissertation, you can transfer in your previous Ed.D. coursework in curriculum and instruction so you can complete this program in as little as 21 credit hours. This flexibility allows you to focus on achieving your specific career goals in the shortest time possible.
Liberty’s 100% online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies program allows you to focus on your coursework at home without commuting to a campus. With regular contact and online meetings with your dissertation committee, you will have the support and mentorship you need to excel in your academic scholarship. With a large number of electronic resources provided to you and full-time research staff available to assist you, you will have the benefit of a highly advanced online university at your fingertips.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Curriculum and Instruction Degree?
The core content of our online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Curriculum and Instruction will enhance your understanding of the latest trends in learning theories as well as help you stay up-to-date with the latest advances in educational technology. Besides learning advanced theories and research in education, you will also be exposed to advanced training for serving special needs students and the teachers who work with them.
Through our curriculum and instruction concentration, you will evaluate the process of designing curriculum and implementing instructional practices. You will analyze pedagogical concepts and approaches based on research and knowledge of the discipline. By the end of your program, you will have designed and conducted original research that adds to the knowledge base of the discipline. With previous Ed.D. studies in curriculum and instruction, your professors will mentor you in developing a dissertation plan through your research courses.
- EDUC 721 – Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- EDUC 735 – Issues and Trends in Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 872 – Research in Curriculum Design and Development
PhD in Advanced Educational Studies Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- An extensive final dissertation project is required.
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Curriculum and Instruction
- Curriculum creator
- Curriculum specialist
- Educational consultant
- Educational instructor
- Executive education position
- K-12 administrator
- Superintendent of schools
- Survey researcher
- Training and development specialist
- University administrator
- University professor
Admission Requirements for Our Online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies
A conferred PhD in Education or Ed.D. from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of Our PhD in Advanced Education Studies – Curriculum and Instruction Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- The PhD in Advanced Educational Studies is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives.
- Our PhD online allows you to transfer in up to 39 credit hours so you can turn your EdD into a PhD in as little as 1.5-2 years – depending on your transfer credit.
- Completing your PhD with an integrated dissertation, gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.