Apply Business Techniques to Your Career in University Administration with Liberty’s Online Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership
Liberty’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration – Organizational Leadership explores best practices for leading teams of people and overseeing operations within colleges and universities. In addition to studying core aspects of higher education administration, you will complete several advanced business courses. With this knowledge, you can prepare to foster a productive learning environment that allows students and faculty to thrive.
Higher education institutions have much in common with businesses and nonprofits. All of these organizations rely on effective leaders who know how to set strategic goals, handle essential administrative tasks, and motivate others to achieve important objectives. With our Ed.D. in organizational leadership online, you can develop core skills in business management — skills that can help strengthen your effectiveness as a university administrator.
If you’re seeking a practical doctorate designed to promote career advancement, our Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration – Organizational Leadership is a great option. Partner with us and learn how to lead your institution to success.
Why Choose Our Online Doctorate in Organizational Leadership and Higher Education Administration?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty is committed to offering programs that combine flexibility, affordability, and accessibility. Our doctorate in organizational leadership is available 100% online, which means you can earn your degree from the comfort of your home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them. Additionally, you can pursue your academic goals without needing to relocate or take time off from work.
Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with this goal, we seek to equip education professionals with the knowledge, values, and skills essential for impacting the world. If you want to earn a terminal education degree from an accredited Christian university, we have just what you need. Liberty’s Ed.D. faculty are experienced in their field and committed to helping you grow academically and professionally.
Our Ed.D. online degree includes a capstone project designed to help you solve real-world educational challenges. Throughout this program, you can hone your skills in organizational leadership and applied research while preparing to take your career in postsecondary education administration to the next level. By studying core topics in business, you could even branch out into roles in corporations, nonprofits, or government agencies.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Doctor of Education – Organizational Leadership Degree Online?
This degree is broken down into 4 main parts: core higher education classes, the organizational leadership concentration, research courses, and the capstone project. You’ll explore essential topics in university administration, best teaching practices, and economic issues related to higher education. Your research courses will cover literature reviews, applied research methods, educational research, and methodologies. By completing a capstone project, you can prepare to solve real-world education problems using research and theory.
Learn how to better manage people and resources in your institution. Our organizational leadership specialization has no set courses, so you’ll have the freedom to learn about subjects that match your interests and career goals. You can choose from a vast selection of our business classes and develop a diverse skill set that could help boost your marketability. You can then apply your knowledge of business, management, and leadership to your career in university administration and help your organization thrive. Here are just some of the business topics you can study:
- Allocation of financial resources
- Data analytics and decision-making
- Financial statement analysis
- Leadership theory and practice
- Organizational design and structure
- Risk management
- Strategic marketing management
- Total quality management
- Workforce planning and employment
- EDUC 750 – Survey of Educational Research
- EDUC 758 – Teaching the College Student
- EDUC 783 – Economic Impact in Higher Education
- EDUC 816 – Applied Research
Highlights of Our Higher Education Administration and Organizational Leadership Doctorate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Earn your Ed.D. in organizational leadership online in as little as 3 years!
Higher Education Administration – Organizational Leadership Doctoral Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide.
- This is a non-licensure program.
- Most of our Ed.D. courses are offered in an 8-week format; however, the capstone courses are 16 weeks long.
Potential Careers with a Higher Education – Organizational Leadership Doctoral Degree Online
- Corporate director
- Curriculum specialist
- Educational consultant
- Management consultant
- Policy analyst
- Program director
- Training and development specialist
- University administrator
- University professor
- Vice president of organizational development
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Organizational Leadership Doctorate
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.