Become a Licensed Middle School Teacher with Liberty’s B.Ed. in Middle Education – Social Sciences
Does the idea of being a positive role model and helping middle school students reach their full potential excite you? Through Liberty University’s Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Social Sciences, you can become a licensed middle school teacher in the state of Virginia. This program will help you gain the knowledge and practical skills you’ll need to provide students with a firm foundation that will follow them throughout their lives.
You’ve been protecting our future — now let us help you protect yours. Earn the degree you want at a price you’ve earned. Become a licensed teacher from home for as low as $182/credit hour with one of the only Bachelor of Education degrees in the nation offered 100% online.
Liberty’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education – Social Sciences can give you in-depth study in teaching methods for economics, American history, world history, and other social issues topics. You’ll also learn how to assess and address students’ diverse learning styles as well as how to create an engaging and effective learning environment.
The practical learning experience you’ll gain through your practicum and student teaching semester will sharpen your skills and give you 240 hours of hands-on practice within a real classroom setting. You’ll study under faculty who have years of experience in the classroom and are dedicated to helping you throughout your degree as you pursue licensure.
The time children spend in middle school shapes the rest of their education and can influence their careers. Become a positive influence and guide your students both academically and spiritually.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Social Sciences?
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Middle Education – Social Sciences is 100% online so you can complete your studies from the comfort of your home. You will be provided with training in best teaching practices, critical learning theories, and cutting-edge teaching technology by professionals with real-world classroom experience. Since true work experience is one of the best ways to gain confidence as a teacher, that valuable learning time is incorporated into your degree. Your practicum and student teaching requirements will ensure that you graduate with 390 hours of classroom experience.
Our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This means your program has met the rigorous standards and guidelines required for accreditation, so you can rest assured that your online teaching degree will be well-respected in the industry.
As one of the largest providers of teachers in the state of Virginia, Liberty wants to prepare the next generation of teachers with integrity and strong Christian values. Make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds when you partner with us for your degree.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Social Sciences Online Degree?
In Liberty’s online B.Ed. in Middle Education, your core teaching courses can give you foundational knowledge in history, English, math, and science. The social sciences cognate will add courses in American history, economics, and the interaction of the West with selected world civilizations. You will also learn important psychology principles you can use to assess your students, benchmarking progress and assisting them in their academic development.
Additionally, you can complete practicum and student teaching hours to prepare you for real classroom teaching and can graduate classroom-ready with 240 hours of in-class teaching experience.
- EDUC 225 – Instructional Design for Middle Classrooms
- EDUC 322 – Teaching Middle School Social Science*
- HIUS 222 – Survey of American History II
- HIWD 370 – Comparative Civilization
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.Ed. in Middle Education Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This is one of the first online bachelor’s programs in the nation to allow you to gain licensure without required on-campus intensive courses.
- By completing this program, you can gain licensure in accordance with the Virginia Department of Education guidelines.
- You will develop age-appropriate classroom management skills and an understanding of middle education research to ensure that you are up-to-date on the latest best practices and research.
- You will have a total of 390 hours in the classroom by graduation.
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
B.Ed. in Middle Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program is designed to fulfill all the Virginia Department of Education licensure requirements.
- A background check is required for licensure in this program.
Career Opportunities for B.Ed. in Middle Education – Social Sciences Graduates
- Education ministry director
- K-12 curriculum coordinator
- K-12 education consultant
- Middle school history teacher
- Middle school social sciences teacher
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.