Reach a New Generation with a Master’s Degree in NextGen Ministry
You have spent years of your life serving others and you recognize the importance of spreading your ministry to people of all ages – one of the most critical groups being the up and coming generation.
We want to help you address the challenges and opportunities facing tomorrow’s generation of Christian leaders. Liberty’s Master of Arts in Religion – Next Generation Ministry can help you learn how to best approach children and young adults as you grow your ministry. Partner with us and our mission to Train Champions for Christ while earning a reputable master’s degree in your field.
You can be an example of an intentional ministry leader for children, adolescents, and their families as you create more effective and fruitful ministries for decades to come.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.A.R. in NextGen Ministry Degree?
With so many online religion degrees to choose from, you may be wondering if our Master of Arts in Religion is the right program for you. If you are looking for a program that can be used toward future doctoral studies, this 60-credit hour degree is a great stepping stone. Additionally, our M.A.R. courses are designed to easily transfer into our longer, more intensive, Master of Divinity degrees. Imagine taking an extra 15 credits and walking away with both an M.A.R. and an M.Div.!
We also understand that in your pursuit of ministry you are looking for an affordable way to continue your education. Liberty’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity provides 100% online master’s degrees for a lower, block tuition rate of just $2,750 for 9-15 credits. As a full-time M.A.R. student, this can save you up to $6,000 a semester compared with our other master’s degrees.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Arts in Religion Degree?
With Liberty’s M.A.R. program, you will gain extensive, well-rounded training in discipleship ministries, apologetics, theology, and biblical studies. Additionally, you will complete courses in research and writing to help you become an expert in your area of study and prepare for potential doctoral studies.
By choosing to specialize in next-generation ministry, you will take 12-credit hours focused on preparing you to reach, disciple, and lead young people and their families. Our NextGen courses provide advanced training on the issues and trends of ministering to today’s youth. With the growing need for churches to broaden their reach to people from birth through young adulthood, our program provides vital ministry training to prepare you to meet that need.
You will also learn how to:
- Expound on your knowledge of the origin and contents of the Bible.
- Defend the theological and historical foundations of the Christian faith.
- Design a discipleship ministry strategy for Christian ministries.
- Create plans for personal growth, development, and service.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- APOL 500 – Introduction to Apologetics
- CHMN 500 – Foundational Leadership Models for Next Generation Ministry
- CHMN 510 – Issues and Trends in Next Generation Ministry*
- CHMN 520 – Making Disciples for the Next Generation Ministry*
*Course guide coming soon
Master’s in Religion Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Religion Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: for 9-15 credits, only $2,475 per semester – that’s $165/credit at 15 credit hours!*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Religion are charged at the part-time rate.
Career Opportunities for NextGen M.A.R. Graduates
- Associate pastor
- Christian camp leader
- Christian educator
- Christian nonprofit manager
Admission Requirements for the Online M.A.R. Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our NextGen Ministry Degree
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Complete this online Master of Arts in Religion in as little as 2 years!
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.