Reach More People in Need Through Technology With Liberty’s MDiv in Church Ministry in the Digital Age
With technology, churches can connect with people in need across the globe in ways never before possible. With Liberty’s M.Div. in Church Ministry in the Digital Age, you can become a part of your church’s digital ministry or help extend your ministry’s reach with online services. Our specialized digital ministry training can help you build a bridge to online communities to bring them the Gospel.
What is Digital Ministry?
If you want to engage with your community and the world with the Gospel message, then you know why your congregation needs a digital ministry. The Internet provides the perfect platform for churches to reach non-believers and members of the body of Christ no matter where in the world they may be. Social media outreach, online church service broadcasts, and online Christian counseling resources are just some of the tools you can use to increase you reach woldwide. Liberty’s M.Div. in Church Ministry in the Digital Age can help equip you to leverage these tools for your ministry, and much more.
Throughout our Master of Divinity online in digital ministries degree, you will also study a wide variety of essential topics, including an in-depth review of the Old and New Testaments, the Greek and Hebrew languages, expository teaching and preaching, and pastoral counseling. You will build on these ministry skills with technical expertise that can help you build a foundation for online services for your ministry.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s MDiv in Digital Ministry Degree?
Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill that mission by training ministry professionals. With Liberty’s online M.Div. program, you will receive support and training at one of the world’s largest Christian universities. Our 75-hour degree program is 100% online, which means you can complete your college degree when convenient with your schedule.
Unlike some online Bible colleges, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our John. W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). With these accreditations, you can be confident that you are earning your degree from a reputable institution.
We are passionate about teaching students how to lead and grow their ministry. Through our online seminary programs offered through the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, you can study leadership and church administration techniques with professors who have doctorates and years of experience in the ministry field. Paired with cutting-edge digital ministry strategies and technology, you will be equipped to bring your ministry to the next level of online engagement.
What Will You Learn in Our MDiv in Digital Ministry Degree?
Our Master of Divinity online programs feature a wide variety of in-depth coursework covering vital ministry and leadership topics. These topics range from the study of apologetics, church ministry, evangelism, and homiletics to Old and New Testament study and theology. Our digital ministries degree specialization provides additional specialized courses in practical technology for ministry, forming digital outreach strategies, and applying foundational ministry skills to online ministry.
Upon completion of this degree, you will be prepared to pursue ministry with the necessary training and credentials you need to be successful. You will minister in diverse environments, train up disciples, and teach God’s Word with skill and passion.
View the Degree Completion Plan and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- CLCM 510 – Constructing a Theology of Networks for the Digital Age
- CLCM 520 – Spiritual Formation in the Digital Age
- CLCM 530 – Creating Christian Community Online
- CLCM 540 – Introduction to Ministry in the Digital Age
Master of Divinity – Digital Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted Divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
*Credits taken below 9 credit hours and above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Career Opportunities for MDiv in Digital Ministry Graduates
- Communications liaison
- Digital ministry leader
- Digital pastor
- Director of digital ministries
- Online campus pastor
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.0 or higher for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for 1 Pastoral Recommender
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our MDiv in Digital Ministry Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Complete Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) and earn college credit for your experience and private study on many topics in theology and biblical studies.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online Master of Divinity’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.