Deepen Your Knowledge of Scripture and Prepare for Expanded Ministry Opportunities
Liberty University’s online Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies is an excellent option for students seeking new ministry opportunities or who wish to expand their understanding of the Bible. In as little as 2 semesters, you can gain essential knowledge in evangelism, theology, and in-depth biblical studies.
With the skills you can gain in these courses, you can be better prepared to serve in your church, youth group, bible study, or other ministry settings. You won’t just be able to gain a deeper understanding of Scripture — you can learn how to evangelize and train others to do the same.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020 (viewed online June 17, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies?
Liberty University is pleased to offer our biblical studies certificate online. Unlike some online Bible colleges, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Whether you are planning on future studies or are seeking answers to questions you have, our online biblical studies certificate can assist you in your goals.
At Liberty, we believe that a comprehensive biblical education should be accessible and attainable – even with a busy schedule. That is why our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies has no set login times and is 100% online. In addition, your certificate can be completed in less than 1 year. Your courses will be taught by faculty with years of experience and advanced degrees in related fields – so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Through 8 foundational courses, you can dig deep into the Old and New Testaments with a special emphasis on key chapters, important persons, places, and events of the Bible. You will also complete a 2-course study of theology, which can help you focus on what you believe and why you believe it.
Potential Career Options with Our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies can help prepare you for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are several different positions that could benefit from our Biblical studies certificate, including:
- Associate pastor
- Clergy member
- Youth pastor
The skills that you gain from our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies can be used to help you minister to people from all walks of life. Additionally, the credits earned in this degree may be applied to our Bachelor of Science in Religion: Biblical and Theological Studies degree. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Biblical studies certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies?
Each course within Liberty University’s biblical studies certificate is designed to equip you with truths and principles for living an abundant life in Christ as you prepare for a lifetime of effective ministry. Our online biblical studies courses feature essential biblical studies curriculum from the Old and New Testaments. Together, these courses offer a holistic understanding of the Scriptures.
Using your deeper knowledge of the Bible to lead people to Christ is an essential part of fulfilling the Great Commission. Special attention will be given to the theology of all aspects of evangelism including the follow-up and how to develop spiritual connections with those you reach for discipleship. Learning how to reach people and inform them of the Good News of the Bible is an essential part of building any ministry.
- BIBL 105 – Old Testament Survey
- BIBL 110 – New Testament Survey
- BIBL 323 – John
- BIBL 364 – Acts
- BIBL 425 – Romans
- EVAN 101 – Evangelism & Christian Life
- THEO 201 – Theological Survey I
- THEO 202 – Theological Survey II
Biblical Studies Certificate Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Christian studies certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies in less than 1 year.
- After you successfully complete the biblical studies certificate, you can potentially transfer the credits earned in the program toward an associate degree or bachelor’s degree.
Biblical Studies Certificate Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.