Take the Next Step Toward Your Future in Ministry with Liberty’s Biblical Studies Certificate
Liberty University’s online Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies is an excellent option for students seeking new ministry opportunities or who wish to expand their understanding of the Bible. In as little as 2 semesters, you can gain essential knowledge in evangelism, theology, and in-depth biblical studies. With the skills you gain in these courses, you can be prepared to better serve in your church, youth group, bible study, or other ministry settings.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies?
Liberty University is pleased to offer our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies 100% online. Unlike some online Bible colleges, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
As you look forward to your future, it is important that you are grounded in doctrine. Our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies provides an opportunity for you to pursue an academic program without the time commitment of a full associate or bachelor’s degree. Through 8 foundational courses, you will dig deep into the Old and New Testaments with a special emphasis on key chapters, important persons, places, and events of the Bible. You will also complete a 2-course study of theology, which can help you focus on what you believe and why you believe it.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies?
Each course within our biblical studies certificate is designed to equip you with truths and principles for living an abundant life in Christ as you prepare for a lifetime of effective ministry. Our courses feature essential biblical studies curriculum from the Old and New Testaments.
- BIBL 105 – Old Testament Survey
- BIBL 110 – New Testament Survey
- BIBL 323 – John
- BIBL 364 – Acts
- BIBL 425 – Romans
- EVAN 101 – Evangelism & Christian Life
- THEO 201 – Theological Survey I
- THEO 202 – Theological Survey II
Biblical Studies Certificate Highlights
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies in less than 1 year.
- After you successfully complete the biblical studies certificate, you may apply the credits earned in the program toward an associate degree or bachelor’s degree (subject to the requirements on the degree completion plans for those programs).
Biblical Studies Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log in times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.