Grow in Your Faith with a B.S. in Religion — Biblical and Theological Studies Degree
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Religion — Biblical and Theological Studies degree will prepare you to impact the world for Christ locally and globally. Throughout our online biblical and theological studies degree program, you will study topics like the history of Christianity, apologetics, and scripture teaching.
Comparable to a bachelor of theology, our B.S. in biblical and theological studies prepares you for biblical, servant leadership in your family, the local church, and on the mission field. Our online programs are designed with your success in mind. Although many people assume that someone who gets a degree in biblical studies will go on to be a pastor, you will find that the skills you gain can be applied to many different career paths that require research, writing, analyzing, or teaching.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Biblical Studies Degree?
You will learn from professors who have real-world experience as pastors and missionaries as they teach you the practical skills you need for your current or future ministry endeavors. Our professors have a passion for helping you grow in your walk with Christ, and they will do all they can to support you throughout your online degree program as you follow God’s calling on your life.
Here are just a few of the benefits you will find when gaining a degree from Liberty University:
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Learn from professors who have experience pastoring and planting churches, authoring Christian novels and non-fiction books, and leading archeological expeditions.
- Gain access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your bachelor’s degree in religion.
Our 100% online theology degree will give you the freedom to complete your assignments around your schedule — meaning you can earn your degree and further your career without having to sacrifice your current job and time with your family and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s of Religion — Biblical and Theological Studies Degree?
If serving in ministry positions is in your future, it is essential that you know how to correctly read, interpret, and apply the Bible. By earning a bachelor’s in biblical studies degree online, you will gain valuable knowledge in areas like the history of the Christian church and the origin and history of life in the universe.
The online Bible and theology classes in this degree provide you with a solid foundation in biblical principles that will be crucial in your ministry pursuits and spiritual formation. Your Christian studies will be taught by faculty committed to our mission of Training Champions for Christ as you dive into biblical interpretations and learn to connect them with the world around you.
Our online bachelor’s in religion — biblical and theological studies degree is a great foundation for students wanting to further their education through one of our online master’s degree programs. Your religious education will be grounded in a Christian worldview and a commitment to preparing you for a life in ministry leadership. Online students pursuing this program will learn to understand the relationship between biblical theology and current theological issues.
Through this online biblical studies degree, you will learn to identify basic elements of structure within the biblical text. In addition, you’ll apply a methodical approach to the study of each of the primary genres of the Old and New Testaments as you continue in your online theology courses.
- BIBL 360 — Methodical Study of Scripture
- CHHI 301 — History of the Christian Church
- CRST 290 — History of Life
- THEO 360 — Theological Interpretation of Scripture
Our B.S. in Biblical and Theological Studies Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your theology degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your bachelor’s degree in religion.
- Opportunities for additional transfer credit are available through our Experience Plus Program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Our Online Bachelor’s of Religion Degree Information
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
What Can I Do with a Biblical Studies Degree?
Your biblical and theological studies degree will prepare you for a wide range of careers. Besides working in the ministry, you can also put your writing skills to work either in Christian or non-Christian publications. Many students also go on to pursue graduate studies. Here are just a few of the career options that are open to you:
- Local church administration
- Local ministries
- Religious communities
- Social services
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.