Grow in Your Faith with Our B.S. in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies Degree
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies degree will prepare you to impact the world for Christ locally and globally. In our online bachelor’s of religion in biblical and theological studies degree program, you will study topics like the history of Christianity, apologetics, and scripture teaching. Comparable to a bachelor’s degree in theology, our BS in Biblical and Theological Studies will prepare you for biblical, servant leadership in your family, local church, and mission field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Biblical and Theological Studies Degree?
At Liberty University, you will learn from professors who have real-world experience as pastors and missionaries and will teach you practical skills you can apply directly to your ministry. Our professors have a passion for helping you grow in your walk with Christ, and they will do all they can to support you throughout your degree program as you follow God’s calling on your life.
Our bachelor’s degree in biblical studies and theology is offered completely online, giving you the freedom to complete your assignments around your schedule – meaning you can earn your degree and further your career without having to sacrifice your current job and time with your family and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s of Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies Degree?
With a future in ministry, it is essential that you know how to correctly read, interpret, and apply the Bible. By earning a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies and theology, you will gain valuable knowledge in areas such as the history of life and the Christian Church. These online Bible and theology classes are designed to equip you with a solid foundation in biblical principles crucial to ministry. You will learn from faculty committed to Training Champions for Christ as you dive into biblical interpretations and learn to connect them with the world around you.
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- CHHI 301 – History of the Christian Church
- CRST 290 – History of Life
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of Scripture
Our online bachelor’s in religion – biblical and theological studies degree is a great foundation for students seeking to further their education through one of our online master’s degree programs.
Our B.S. in Biblical and Theological Studies Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online bachelor’s degree in religion – biblical and theological studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your bachelor’s degree in religion.
- Opportunities for additional transfer credit through our Experience Plus Program.
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelors in Biblical Studies and Theology Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for Military Training.
Our Online Bachelor’s of Religion Degree Program Information
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Bachelors Degree in Biblical and Theological Studies
- Local Church
- Local Ministries
- Religious Communities
- Social Services
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.