Develop Creative Strategies to Express Ideas with a BS in Digital Design – Visual Communication Degree
With a Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Visual Communication Design, you can integrate business ideas with graphic design techniques and strategies in order to effectively reach target audiences. Whether you want to work for a marketing firm or are interested in digital media production, a visual communication degree could be for you!
At Liberty, our goal is to develop leaders within the field of digital design who are able to articulate ideas, data, and stories without using a lot of words. This degree can help you learn how to improve user experience on websites, bolster a company’s conversion rate, and produce artistic content for use in a variety of settings.
Whether you are brand new to the field or looking to advance in your current career, we want to partner with you as you pursue a major in visual communication and design.
Why Choose Liberty’s Communication Design Bachelor’s Degree
At Liberty University, we understand that life gets busy, which why our visual communication degree is offered 100% online with no set login times. That way, you can remain invested in your family, career, and community – all while pursuing your degree. With this flexibility, you can earn your degree from the comfort of home.
As you’re looking for a visual communication design program, we know that educational quality is key. At Liberty, our professors have advanced degrees and years of experience in the field that they are eager to share with you. Additionally, Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
What Will You Learn in Our Visual Communications Degree?
In this program, you will take foundational courses in English, math, science, and Christian thought to provide you with a well-rounded education. As you begin to take courses in your visual communications major, you’ll explore topics like media design, graphic design, digital photography, and the fundamentals of editing.
You’ll also study digital media and its applications as well as industry best practices. The culmination of your degree will be a practicum and internship, where you will be able to apply everything that you have learned in a real world setting. Additionally, you’ll have free elective credits so you can mix and match various courses and further develop your visual communication skills.
Featured Online Visual Communication Design Courses
- ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
- ARTS 477 – Interactive Design I
- DIGI 175 – Fundamentals of Editing
- STCO 289 – Digital Promotion Technology and Application
Online Visual Communication Design Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Visual Communication Design Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunites for Visual Communication Design Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our online visual communication design bachelor’s degree, you may be more qualified to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Marketing specialist
- Production artist
- Public relations manager
- Social media manager
Highlights of Our Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Visual Communication Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You may be eligible to earn additional college credit through relevant life experience.
- The majority of our digital design courses are offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- As a student in our online digital design program, you can access a wide variety of online resources through Liberty’s research portal.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Visual Communciation Design Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.