Use Your Creativity to Connect with Consumers by Earning Liberty’s Online BS in Digital Design – Digital Merchandising Degree
With the growing use of computers, smartphones, and tablets, companies today recognize the value of using digital content to promote goods and services. If you want to use your creative skills to help your company reach its sales goals, Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Digital Design – Digital Merchandising Design degree may be for you! Our bachelor’s degree in merchandising can help you gain a strong foundation in graphic design, digital drafting, marketing, and promotions.
Maybe you’re a digital design professional looking to strengthen your skills, or perhaps you’re hoping to enter this exciting field for the first time. You may even be looking to build a portfolio so you can highlight your best work and visually display your accomplishments for both job and graduate school applications. No matter what your goals are, our merchandising degree can help you learn how to develop digital platforms that effectively influence customer intent and optimize user experience.
Are you ready to use your passion for design to help organizations increase their online customer base? If so, partner with us. We can help provide the academic knowledge and hands-on training you need to connect with consumers of all ages and generate sales growth.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Merchandising Degree Program?
At Liberty, we seek to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with this mission, we’ve designed an online digital design degree that blends flexibility, affordability, and accessibility. The majority of our digital design and merchandising courses are available in a 100% online, 8-week format with no set login times. You’ll have the freedom to earn your degree on your schedule and easily access your course materials whenever you need them!
In addition to taking online classes, you will complete a practicum and an internship at an organization near you. That way, you can gain professional experience and hands-on training while still in school. Through this fieldwork, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge in a real-world setting — allowing you to boost your résumé.
By choosing Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can pursue your online merchandising degree with confidence knowing that our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements. Partner with us and hone your skill set as you prepare to lead with integrity in your career!
What Will You Learn in Our Digital Design and Merchandising Classes Online?
In this digital design and merchandising degree program, you’ll study important aspects of 2D and 3D design, art history, and graphic design. You’ll also examine the connection between art, culture, and technology so you can learn how to better address the design challenges of modern e-commerce. Ultimately, you can come to understand how art, design, and communication can be used to create meaningful narratives for a variety of audiences.
Within the digital merchandising design specialization, you can learn how to promote products and services using engaging digital content. By understanding who your customers are and what they want, you can improve user experience, boost conversion rates, and help your company reach its sales goals. Our online merchandising courses take a deep dive into typography, vector illustration, digital imaging, and digital drafting.
You will also explore how to:
- Design and implement merchandise promotions
- Develop market segmentation strategies and manage assortment planning for a retail business
- Evaluate aesthetics and create promotional artifacts
- Manage factors such as pricing, cost analysis, profitability, and customer buying behaviors
- Use marketing strategies to boost a company’s success and create satisfied customers
Lastly, you will put your skills to the test by completing a practicum and an internship. These opportunities can help you apply what you’ve learned to solve practical problems. You’ll gain valuable experience that could help you stand out to future employers by allowing you to hone industry-specific skills. We also offer a course in professional practices that can help you present your work and go through the job interview process as an artist — thus facilitating your move from the classroom to the workforce.
- BUSI 330 – Principles of Marketing
- FACS 243 – Digital Drafting I
- FACS 304 – Promotions and Aesthetics*
- FACS 353 – Retail Merchandising
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s Merchandising and Digital Design Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Throughout this digital design and merchandising degree program, you can network with industry professionals from across the country.
- Graduate with a professional portfolio that can be used for employment and business opportunities.
Bachelor’s in Merchandising Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
- You will receive hands-on training through a 90-hour practicum and a 180-hour internship.
Military Benefits for Our BS in Digital Design – Online Merchandising Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options for Graduates of Our Bachelor’s in Digital Design – Digital Merchandising Degree Online
- Digital advertising growth strategist
- Digital interface designer
- Digital merchandising specialist
- Director of e-commerce
- E-commerce site merchandiser
- Web developer
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Digital Design Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.