Become a Successful Leader in the World of Sports with Our Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration Degree Online (Thesis Track)
Do you have a desire to take your love of sports and combine it with a passion and skill for leadership and management? If so, Liberty University’s master’s degree in sports management with a specialization in sports administration is the degree program for you! A sports administrator works with athletic organizations to improve sports programs, create profitable programs, and manage teams, facilities, and departments.
Our master’s degree in sports administration focuses on the business side of sports to provide a more in-depth look at the industry and the opportunity to specialize in a growing field. By earning a degree in sports administration, you will be prepared to lead with confidence as a manager in athletic departments, sports teams, and athletic associations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Sports Management- Sports Administration Degree Online (Thesis Track)?
If you have a love of sports that goes beyond the game to sports management and administration, then our Master of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration degree online should be at the top of your list. Our online program will build your professional skill set and résumé and give you a perspective on how to impact those in your community through sports. Additionally, the Master of Science in Sports Mangement is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) making your degree and training well-respected in your field.
We involve your faith in our master’s in sports management – sports administration degree online to blend academic excellence with personal integrity so you can be qualified to lead by example. We live out our mission to help you become a successful professional and individual in the field of sports administration.
Benefits of Earning Our Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration Degree
- Increased job opportunities in the field of sports management
- Professors with years of real-life experience are teaching your online master’s in sports management courses
- Convenient eight-week, 100% online courses
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Sports Management- Sports Administration Degree Online (Thesis Track)?
Liberty University’s Master of Science in Sports Management with a specialization in sports administration will provide you with the opportunity to delve deeper into the training and skills you’ll need to communicate as a leader and administrator in sports management careers. Throughout this degree program, you will study ethics in sports management, marketing, public relations, and sports outreach. In our sports administration specialization, you will be provided with training in event and facility management, sports development, and sales, as well as leadership techniques.
If you pursue the thesis track of our sports management degree, you will develop a thesis proposal and research and defend your thesis when it is completed. Completing your thesis is valuable, especially if you wish to pursue a doctoral degree. Oftentimes, thesis projects may be published for public consumption where you could become an expert on the subject matter.
- SMGT 631 – Sports Event and Facility Management
- SMGT 632 – Sports Development and Sales
- SMGT 633 – Management and Leadership in Sport Organizations
Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration (Thesis Track) Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online master’s in sports management – sports administration will be a good fit for you:
- By earning your Master of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Mangement is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- You can complete this degree program in two years or less.
- Solve real-world sports industry problems through the guided research of the integrated thesis project!
- Our online master’s in sports management degree ranked in the top 10 with BestColleges.com, CollegeChoice.net, and AffordableColleges.com for Best Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree.
Similar Online Programs
Online Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration (Thesis Track) Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Administration
The online masters in sports management degree will open the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Promotion and development administration
- Sports management information professional
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.