Make Your Living Enjoying the Great Outdoors with an Online Master’s Degree in Sports Management
If you love the outdoors and helping people experience bucket list trips, sporting events, and adventures, then we have the degree program for you! Liberty University’s Master of Science in Sports Management with a specialization in outdoor adventure sports can provide a deeper understanding of the world of sports management with a particular focus on the planning and execution of outdoor adventures. Acquire the skills you need to be successful in this career track by understanding the marketing, public relations, legal, ethical, economic, and financial management aspects of the field.
By earning Liberty’s sports management degree, you can launch yourself into the exciting field of outdoor adventure sports. Our program can be completed 100% online, so you can continue devoting time to your work, family, and community while earning a reputable online college degree. Flexibility, affordability, quality, and a unique Christian perspective are what set Liberty University apart from other schools. Let our online sports management degree help you become a future leader and professional in outdoor recreation and sport.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Thesis-Track Outdoor Adventure Sports Degree?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the Master of Science in Sport Management degree is accredited through the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA). With the educational experience you’ll receive and the backing of COSMA accreditation, you can rest assured that your degree will give your résumé a boost. Combine your love for sports and outdoor adventure with your faith so you can enrich your life and future career.
The thesis track of our outdoor adventure sports degree will help prepare you for further education at the doctoral level, where you might be required to complete a dissertation. The thesis proposal and defense within our master’s degree is a requirement that will challenge you and provide a way for you to hone your skills of writing, researching, and analyzing.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports (Thesis) Online Degree?
Our master’s in sports management and outdoor adventure sports online degree program combines modern practices in the field of sports management with the skills of administration, event planning, and execution. Through this program, you can gain a firm foundational knowledge of sport management as well as the necessary administrative and leadership skills vital to running a successful outdoor adventure sports program.
We want to provide you with a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid, value-driven approach to sports management. In addition, the thesis track of this degree program will help to sharpen your critical thinking skills and your ability to express yourself in written form, which is a key skill for most areas of business and management.
- SMGT 611 – Foundations of Outdoor Adventure Sport
- SMGT 612 – Outdoor Adventure Programming
- SMGT 613 – Leadership and Administration of Outdoor Adventure Sport
M.S. in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports (Thesis) Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Translate your passion for outdoor adventure sports into a profession in sports management for greater fulfillment as you advance your career.
- Build your résumé with top quality training and in-depth studies in sports management so you are equipped to excel in the field.
- Dive into industry data and best practices through your thesis to solve real-world problems in adventure sports.
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options
The online master’s in sports management and outdoor adventure sports makes a potential career in the following areas a reality:
- Adventure leader
- Camp director
- Outdoor education leader
- Outdoor program developer
- Park ranger
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.