Enjoy the Great Outdoors Professionally with Our Online Master’s in Sports Management Thesis Track Program
If you love the outdoors and helping people experience bucket list trips, sporting events, and adventures, then we have the degree program for you! Liberty University’s Master of Science in Sports Management with a specialization in outdoor adventure sports will provide a deeper understanding of the world of sports management with a particular focus on the planning and execution of outdoor adventures. Acquire the skills you need to be successful in this career track by understanding marketing and public relations, legal issues, ethics, and economic and financial management aspects.
By earning Liberty’s sports management degree, you can launch yourself into the exciting field of outdoor adventure sports. Our program can be completed 100% online, so you can continue devoting time to your work, family, and community while earning an accredited college degree. Flexibility, affordability, quality, and a unique Christian perspective are what set Liberty University apart from other schools. Let our online sports management degree help you become a future leader and professional in outdoor recreation and sport!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports Degree Thesis Track?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the Master of Science in Sport Management degree is accredited through the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA). You can rest assured that your degree will give your résumé a boost with the educational experience enhanced you’ll receive that is enhanced by the accreditation from COSMA. Combining your love for sports and outdoor adventure with your faith will enrich your life and future career.
The thesis track of our outdoor adventure sports degree will help prepare you for further education at the doctoral level, where you might be required to complete a dissertation. The thesis proposal and defense within our master’s degree is a requirement that will challenge you and provide a way for you to hone your skills of writing, researching, and analyzing.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports (Thesis) Online Degree?
Our master’s in sports management – outdoor adventure sports online degree program combines modern practices in the field of sports and management with the skills of administration, event planning, and execution. Throughout this program, you will gain a firm foundational knowledge in sport management, as well as the necessary administrative and leadership skills that are vital to running a successful outdoor adventure sports program.
We want to provide you with a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid moral, ethical, and value-driven approach to sports management. In addition, the thesis track of this degree program will help to sharpen your critical thinking skills and your ability to express yourself in written form, which is a skill vital to many areas of business and management.
- SMGT 611 – Foundations of Sports Management
- SMGT 612 – Outdoor Adventure Programming
- SMGT 613 – Leadership and Administration of Outdoor Adventure Sports
MS in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports (Thesis) Program Highlights
- By earning your online M.S. in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports Degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Mangement is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Translate your passion for outdoor adventure sports to a profession in sports management for greater fulfillment and to advance your career.
- Build your résumé with top quality training and in-depth studies in sports management so you are equipped to excel in the field.
- Dive into industry data and best practices through your thesis to solve real-world problems in adventure sports.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Please visit the transfer policy page for more information about transferring credits to the online sports management program.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
Potential Career Options
The online masters in sports management with outdoor adventure sports makes a potential career in the following areas a reality:
- Adventure leader
- Camp director
- Outdoor education leader
- Outdoor program developer
- Park ranger
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.